Disrespect

did you know there is a video game where you can pretend to run away from Nazis? Oh, and did you know it's really violent?

I only know this because the people beside me in the computer lab are talking about it, playing it, and laughing.

On Rememberance Day.

Seriously?!

What the fuck is wrong with our generation? The majority of people have absolutely no respect for Veterans, soldiers who died in the war and people who sarcificed their lives, in one way or another, for our freedom.

I just came from my school's rememberance assembly. The people in charge were only interested in getting in the spotlight for a few minutes. They didn't even care that they were talking about how many men and women have died in the wars, have been serverely injured, and everything else.

This girl rushed through "Flander's Fields" like it was a boring oral presentation for class.

I am so completely angry, disgusted and disappointed right now.

Yes, the assembly could have been much better, but you know what? That doesn't mean you should start talking about how much you want to go to MacDonalds or how "that slut, whoever, is back with whatshisface." Honestly, this is what I heard walking out of the assembly.

Do they not understand what our world would be like if there weren't soldiers?

Anyone else have to deal with this?
November 11th, 2010 at 05:07pm