Things to be sick of

Now, this entire journal entry is going to be a rant so no one actually needs to read this since I doubt they would find it very fascinating.

Job searching is a pain in the ASS and I am SICK of hearing, "Have you foound a job? How's the job search going? Have you checked out that website I sent to you in an email that sends you to a site that gives you a list of jobs you can try to get?"

WHAT THE HELL?

Okay, I understand that the deal was that I was allowed to live here SO LONG AS I looked for a job and tried to get one, and YES it HAS been two more months than I had planned looking for a job and YES I wasn't searching very hard for the first two months, but SERIOUSLY? CAN'T YOU TALK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE? And why is it that at a certain age people JUST ASK ABOUT YOUR JOB??? What the HELL?

How does that make sense? "Hey Sue, How's it going at work? I mean, I know you have something that you do at home that is FAR more interesting, but I'm going to ask you about the place that you go to every day (That you ABSOLUTELY HATE and wish would burn down) because I KNOW that you don't have much of a social life (Thanks to said job) and I want to hear something that bores me as much as it does you because I can't think of anything else to ask you about."

How does that make sense? (I ask again)

Who the HELL wants to listen to someone drone ON AND ON about how they hate their boss and their job and they're only doing it until they can find something better. (Which is what about 80% of the population says, no matter what they say to the contrary)

I'm sorry, is it WRONG to wonder what the hell is wrong with a society that seems to only care about the stuff that everyone hates?

I understand that people don't always get to do what they enjoy for work (In fact, probably that "about" 80% didn't get to) but at LEAST try to find something that you wouldn't mind DOING for twenty years, otherwise shut the hell up.

I'm too annoyed to cackle, so until next time and I hope I don't end up ranting in the next one. (It kind of, almost, makes me feel worse)
(Not that anyone has read this)
November 12th, 2010 at 07:12pm