I'm Gifted and Talented in English? O.o -NaNoWriMo- A note to all the readers of Headstrong

For those of you who don't know (I don't know how many schools have it), the gifted and talented pupils are (as defined by my school website) " the top 16-20% in academic and aesthetic subjects as the ‘more able’ students. Of these the top 10% in an academic subject are ‘gifted’ and the top 10% in an aesthetic subject are ‘talented’."

Now for five years, I've wanted to be classed as G+T in at least one subject, but it appeared I wasn't quiet good enough for it. A levels are very difficult, so this G+T in English took me by complete surprise...and now I have to do a project on Victorian women in literature by the end of the term...yay? It's to "extend myself". I get to chose what medium to do it in though, and I think I'll probably write a story.

All because I did an essay that "showed flashes of brillance" and an "enjoyable style." Although how anyone can make Hardy seem interesting is beyond me...Not that I'm complaining about the mark.
______________________________________________________________________
Now on to something hopefully more interesting for you guys. Well...hopefully.

I've contradicted myself and joined NaNoWriMo last week, when I thought I wouldn't have enough time. And I probably don't. But I'm finding it highly enjoyable so far. Fingers crossed I finish.

I'm still awfully confused about this writing buddy thing. If someone could explain it to me I'd be most grateful. My profile is here

_____________________________________________________________________
To all the readers of Headstrong, I am very sorry, but due to my participation in NaNoWriMo, I will not be able to get the next chapter out this week. I'm aiming for next week sometime, but don't get your hopes up.

Sorry again. It has a new banner though, which took absolutely FOREVER :D

Those of you who don't know what I'm on about, go here
_______________________________________________________________________

CUTENESS ALERT

Benji is adorable...sometimes <3
Image
Image

Some pics from when he was younger..
Image
Image
Attacking my brother ^^
Image

Questions!
1) Are you doing NaNoWriMo? What's your word count?
2)Even though I'm nt sure what it is...writing buddy? :D
3)What do you think of my kitty? :3
4)Does your school have gifted and talented?

--Thanks for reading! Good luck to all you NaNoWriMo people ^^ Love you all! <3 TheTallOne
November 12th, 2010 at 07:14pm