They almost succeeded in being dead.

I almost lost two people in my life this week. It makes me feel guilty and that’s selfish of me to think. I wonder why I didn’t catch the hints.It makes me wonder what I know and what I don’t. And I don’t like to question that.They would have been gone…I never would have gotten to speak to them ever again. They would be somewhere where I couldn’t be.
I would have been sending messages to a phone that would belong to no one.
I would have commenting on pictures on Facebook that would never get a response back.
And that terrifies me more than anyone could possibly imagine.I can’t imagine losing more people than I already have.
I wrote love on my arm today.Not to be a trendy kid that follows along with the fads that everyone else does. Not to look like I fit in. Not to look like I was “defacing” my body.
But to say that I loved the ones I lost to suicide. That I love the ones who have thought about it: Know that I’m here and I love you. If you think you are alone, you aren’t. I am always here to listen and always here to be there for you. I care about you and my life wouldn’t be the same without you.
If you are feeling lonely please remember you are not alone. I wrote love on my arm for you. Because I want to remind you, I’m here. And I love you.
November 13th, 2010 at 12:44am