This is my first ever entry! Tourists and Submarines

Hi all, as the title suggests, I'm new to mibba and have never written a journal, so here goes nothing. I live on a little Island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean; I know, some of you are wondering, how is she using a laptop then? Well, it may be in the middle of the sea, but it does have a bridge and power in the Internet, so it's not all bad. It's very cold though and very windy, we already put the clocks back and it's still dark at 6AM. It can be bad, we have also been hit quite badly be global warming: we get daffodils in December and Snow in May!

But we get a lot of sea life, dolphins and such, which is really nice if you take the boat out in the morning and see the resident dolphins Gin and Tonic ride in the bow waves. But, when it's nice, we also get something else... TOURISTS!!! We can put up with it for most of the time, it's just when they drive down the wrong side of the road towards the school bus that we get a bit edgy with them. On the whole, they just get in the way and block up the beach with big white camper vans. Honestly, I sound like an old biddy!

Some of you may know where I live, I'll give you a clue. Until recently we had a nuclear Submarine as part of the scenery, you may now know what I'm talking about, if not, type 'nuclear submarine crash' into google, and besides the many weird and wonderful 200,000 other results it will come up with, just go with a news site and you'll get there. Anyway, I don't know why they crashed! They go through that part every year, and have never gotten stuck before. First they said it was old charts, then someone pointed out that they had used the same charts last year. They said oops. Next they said that it was because it was a new Sub and it didn't have a periscope. Then someone argued that was this really how bad cuts were getting that they couldn't afford to have equipment to see where the enemy are!? What are they just going to come up and hope for the best. Before we know it, this'll turn into an episode of 'Who wants to be a millionaire'. "Right then lads, take a 50/50 shot at it, North or South, that's what I reckon." "Right, that didn't work, lets phone a friend!"
This is why they crashed in the first place, they were on the phone while they were driving, they just couldn't bring them selves to admit it. "Right then mates, lets ask the audience that we've just attracted by crashing a billion pound worth Sub into a visible sandbank and causing 6 million pounds damages to it, including a periscope, how we get out of this ***** mess!"
November 13th, 2010 at 01:18am