You were never the little girl...

Who are you make fun of my biggest passion?

You were never the little girl who sat on Santa's lap and begged him for just one thing.
You were never the little girl who wrote just one thing on her Christmas list every single year.
You were the never the little girl who wished for just one thing at every year on her birthday.

Every time you said "I have a surprise for you", I crossed my fingers that this was it.

The moment.

You're not the young woman who prays every night that one day she'll get what she's always dreamed of.

So who are you to laugh at me and tell me that it's not attainable? To mockingly write it at the bottom of your Christmas list, and shoot down my pleas and bargains.

Although you were never that little girl, you were:

The adult who broke a promise.
The adult who gave her false hope.
The adult who said "keep dreaming, keep pushing, you'll get it" when you knew full well that I wouldn't.
You're the adult who lied who to a little girl.

Stop breaking me down, stop telling me I can't.

I can.

I will.

And nothing is going to stop me.

I don't care how hard I have to work, how thin I have to spread myself. I will make it, I will do it. One day you'll look back and you'll realize that your discouragement only fueled my fire, and now I am something amazing. I am happy and I have success. I will be successful.

Just keep saying that it'll never happen.

One day you'll be sitting at home, watching me in the Olympics.

Because I'm doing me.

And I will be amazing.
November 15th, 2010 at 03:06am