I just saw Green Day!

Well, I may have sensationalised that a wee bit, but adding "a recording of a ... concert in Munich at the cinema, on my own" didn't seem quite as exciting.

But even a recording was still incredible. Just listening to the songs played live brought back so many memories and emotions from when I've seen them play. I can't listen to Good Riddance at the best of times without crying my eyes out, but hearing it live with the same set and lighting and atmosphere as last Halloween was just too much (if any of you remember, which I don't expect you to, my mama died a week or so before Halloween last year and her funeral was a day before the concert, meaning when I saw them, I was exhausted from the 200 mile drive down from Edinburgh, very upset about her death, feeling worse because I had to go to the concert alone as the girl I was meant to go with called me just after the funeral ended to say she was going with someone else, and generally feeling pathetic and horrible. But they made me forget it all for a few hours and feel so happy and so good, but Good Riddance will always remind me of that night)

The rest of the film just made me even more desperate to see them again. If you've never been to a Green Day concert before, they really do put on a show. I'm not just talking about tech or set or confetti or the whole King For A Day thing or the drunk bunny or dragging people onstage or Billie Joe's incessant "Ayyyyyyyy-oh"s. They put so much emotion into the music and the way they play it. Enough to make me laugh and cry and forget and come on here and spew all this.

I realise I really must be rambling, and I must sound like a complete 14 year old fangirl (which in a way, I suppose I am) but I don't really care. Green Day give me the confidence to sound like a raving idiot, and I have to thank them for that.

Helen xx
November 15th, 2010 at 11:59pm