Royals and Prime Ministers Question Time (PMQs)

Today, I'm going to have a rant over the Royal Family and PMQs, as you could have probably guessed.
As EVERYBODY knows, Prince William is engaged to Kate Middleton. It's a nice thing to happen as she is just a normal girl, marrying a prince and is second in line to be queen, any other motives rather than love? As I say, it's nice, but could the press give it a rest. WE KNOW THEY'RE GETTING MARRIED! Enough already! Well, we needed a new royal story besides Fergie, which everyone was getting a bit bored of now. After the wedding is over, they'll just fade again until Queen Liz 2 slips on one of Charles's many roller skates left on the Buckingham palace staircase, and then Charles bites the bullet, then we'll have to endure the media frenzy all over again! I reckon that when they don't need her, the PM locks the queen up in her room with a copy of her next speech for her to memorize. She only appears when she needs to make a speech or wants a holiday in Scotland. You know, if she appears at Westminster, a man in a black cloak with a stick has to bang on the door of the House of Commons to tell them to come out, as she is not allowed into Westminster, even though it's one of her palaces!

Talking of Westminster, every Wednesday at noon, PMQs is held, basically Cameron and Ed Milliband have a slaging match to open, then MPs ask the PM questions about their constituencies and he tells them a load of lies in response. He tells them that they don't have enough money for extra flood barriers in Cornwall; yet they still manage to pay you Davey!
If you do a running commentary throughout PMQs of what they are thinking instead of what they are actually saying, it can be quite entertaining.
Ed Milliband "When are you going to load that revolver in Cleggs draw, Dave?"
Cameron "Just as soon as I've answered this question about how wonderful my government is."
Ed "So, Davey, are you going to abandon the plan to get Clegg of the fags?"
Cameron "No, next question!"
November 18th, 2010 at 06:26pm