I AM A WHINNY BABY THAT CAN'T LET GO OF A STUPID LITTLE FAILURE.

This is the only safe place to rant anymore. No one knows me here. So here's what's up.
My high school is putting on a production of Bye Bye Birdie. From day 1 is was a big deal. The rights were being fought over and the castings were delayed for weeks at a time. Even the cast list, that was supposed to go up a week ago, went up yesterday. But it all over. The list is hanging in the hallway of my high school.
Yesterday, I went to check it. Now let me say right now that I've been taking acting and singing classes in school. I've learned how to put energy and emotion into my dancing and pull apart a song for singing. And all this was just for an audition, not the play.
I didn't make it.
This isn't a big deal. It's a HUGE deal! Because I swear I was good. I was great! I know that I aced that audition. I could see the teachers smile when I sang and my dancing partner said they were pointing to *my* paper during the dance. What the hell did I do wrong?!
And when I say this is the only safe place for ranting, I mean it. Facebook and Twitter is all abuzz about the musical. Everyone who tried out is pissed, even if they made it and even if they got a lead role. If you didn't make it at all, you're mad that you're not in the play. If you're in the chorus, you're mad you're not a lead role. And if you're a lead role, you're mad because everyone is making fun of you. The only people that have any reason to be upset are the people that didn't make it, and maybe the leads if the mocking is really bad. But like my friend Sam, she's a senior and is in the chorus. She's depressed for not making a lead. um, if I was her, I'd be jumping for joy! There are some people so unfortunate to not even to be in the play and you're bitching because you don't get to talk!?! That is horrible!! And I understand how disappointing it is to be casted as a minor role, or even in the chorus. I was so upset when I was casted as a villain in a small performance I'm doing. But then I remember me watching them and wishing I was one of them, even if it was just the chorus. Then I come back and realize that I have a major part. Everyone should realize that! And everyone is over and done with it but me. I'm still really depressed about not making it at all. It's official. I AM A WHINNY BABY THAT CAN'T LET GO OF A STUPID LITTLE FAILURE. I should be over it by now. 24 hours is enough time for most people to get over it. But not me. This may go on for weeks, I don't know. So this question is for all the drama-mamas and maybe papas out there. What do you do to get over a failed audition. No, not just drama people! Sporters and jocks too. What happens when you fail a try-out or anything? How do you get over it the fastest? Cause I'm in a funk that's getting me really down.
Now if you'll excuse me, I need to do study guide questions on William Shakespeare's 'Julius Caesar'.
Oh, God. Not more plays.
~Adrienne
November 18th, 2010 at 10:31pm