I Have A Crazy Idea That Just Might Work.

So, on average, I get over 9,000 story ideas a day. Unfortunately I'm also an unrepentant procrastinator and so these very rarely get past the first few chapters, if they even get started at all.

Therefore, a crazy idea popped into my head a few days ago and said, "Ohai Fionnuala. I'm a crazy idea. Pay attention to me."

As you know, crazy ideas are very demanding, and I had no choice but to take it out to dinner and listen to what it had to say. Here's what happened:

Me: Now, Crazy Idea, don't pick anything too expensive on that menu. I'm a student and I'm skint.
Crazy Idea: Too late.
*after the plates of caviar-stuffed diamond-plated lobster appear*
Me: So what was it you wanted to tell me?
Crazy Idea: Tell me, Fionnuala. What does NaNoWriMo mean to you?
Me: Err ... insanity? Sleepless nights?
Crazy Idea: And what do you have at the end of it? A brand new, nice, shiny ...?
Me: Novel?
Crazy Idea: Exactly! So here's the thing. Until the end of NaNoWriMo next year ... every month is NaNoWriMo.
Me: ... wut.
Crazy Idea: Fifty thousand words, every month, until the December 1st next year.
*he sips wine innocently*
Me: ... Even February?!
Crazy Idea: Especially February.
*thunderclap*

Anyway, if you were following that, I've decided to write a novel of at least 50,000 words, every month, until the end of NaNoWriMo next year xD Because I have ideas for so many darn novels and they'll never get written at this rate.

Let's see how long I last, eh?

Off to go and get a hungover Crazy Idea off of my couch,
xx Fionnuala xx

This is what happens when you have a glass of Coke and choclate fudge Pop Tarts for breakfast ...
November 20th, 2010 at 03:47pm