You know what I just realized? My Chemical Romance kind of changed my life. (I swear to God this is a lot less stupid and cliche as it sounds.)

At least I hope it is. But really, I just realized this, and the more I think about it, the truer it gets. (Truer doesn't even look/sound like a word, I swear.) To be more specific, Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge did.

See, it was a girl named Amy who had introduced me to these guys back in 8th grade. I think I was fourteen or very close to turning fourteen. I know it was in october of 2005 and my birthday is on the 15th, and I remember it being close to Halloween, so yeah. Without going into details and sounding even more cliche, the album was unlike anything I'd ever heard (and it's true. Around the time I listened to Top 40 stuff, classic rock, Jimmy Eat World, Green Day and Nirvana and The Offspring...that's it). It was different from anything I'd ever heard in that genre of rock music and that particular sound. To other people it'd be like, "whatever, I've heard this type of music before," but I didn't, and not with lyrics that resonated so well with me, and with such an odd look. (No joke, I thought those dudes were straight-up bizarre-o at first, physically. Did not think Gerard or any of them attractive by any stretch of the imagination.) And I don't want to use the word anthem because the whole "emo anthem" thing that music journalists never stopped freaking using, but that's the closest I can really get to explaining that effect on me. I was just barely a teenager (I'm nineteen now), and things are always awkward at that age, but for me it was even more so. Sure, some of it was the normal kind of teenage angst, but mine went deeper than that, again, I don't want to get into it.

Anyways, not only was it so comforting and refreshing and fun to listen to, it was so different. As Amy was telling me their whole life story (at the time, anyways), and when I watched LOTMS when it came out, it became apparent: these guys were big, awkward weirdo's like me, and were a bit loser-ish at my age. They'd gone through the same thing. No one ever really told me that they knew exactly what I was going through, so I had little comfort in that thought - I was lonely. But then I saw that these guys had felt, and at the time still felt, the exact same way. The awkward part, not the lonely part. then again idk.

That was something I needed to sort of pull through and enjoy life a little more. They were such a comfort. Sometimes when I listened to I'm Not Okay, a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders, like, okay, it's not a huge deal. They dealt with it. If they can, I can. If they can end up okay, then I can, too. Everything's cool now, or it will be. They gave me that hope and optimism.

But that's not why exactly they changed my life. See, had Amy not have told me about them, I don't know if we'd be as good of friends at all. I mean, yeah, we clicked naturally, but, as cheesy as it sounds, My Chem brought us close. We'd spend hours listening to their albums, looking up a billion videos of them on youtube and picture after picture on buzznet, and writing shitty fanfics. Yeah, go ahead and laugh, we both know it's shit now, but we had a ton of writing it okay. lmfao ::XD: Their music would always ellicit the most...well, serious of conversations. It got us to talking about our own problems to each other, opening up and growing close. We had that special bond that I don't share with my other bff (whom I also love to death).

Had it not been for my huge love of the band, I wouldn't have met my other good friend, Tyler. We got along right off the bat 'cause we were both huge MCR fans. Now of course we're friends for way more then that, but you know what I mean.

Had I not been so obsessed with them, I wouldn't have joined an MCR message board and meet ANOTHER future best friend, and I wouldn't have fallen in love with her. I know, I know, Internet bad, but we were never actually together...it's a long story. Anyways!

I wouldn't have met the girl I fell I would eventually fall in love with, and still love now. And that girl also changed my life and made a huge impact on me. The way I met her, though...it's ironic, isn't it? And weird. Maybe it was fate. Who knows?

I also wouldn't have gotten into so many other great artists that would also have a good impact on me, like The Used (my favorite band), Aiden (another favorite), Madina Lake, etc. I explored more music like that because of them. I wanted to hear more bands and musicians like them. And it was them that made me see just how beautiful and life-saving music can be, and that turned made me so passionate about it, still am, actually. They were the first artist that ever made me feel less lonely and proud of who I was (though I still have a lot of bad moments to this day). They were the first band to ever really make a huge impact on me. And I wouldn't have met so many amazing people if not for them. And it just started with one album. One that ultimately changed my life. Made it better.

Did they save my life? Well, I wouldn't say that. It was just a very huge impact. Has music in general saved my life? Many times. And they were the first ones to make me realize that music was so fucking important in life.

This all came to me while I was watching the SING video that popped up on MTV a few minutes ago. I've been listening to Danger Days all night. And I'm just thinking about how glad I am that the guys made this album. I'm so happy they're so happy now. Not that I think less of their albums, but those happened at different stages of my life. Three Cheers and TBP completely resonated with my because of where my life was at the moment, who I was. I've changed now, obviously, and I know this album is so perfect for me right now. Because of where I am now. It's like they made it because they knew that's how I'd be feeling. Sure, I have my moments. It's not easy at all. But still, this record is meant to kick you in the teeth and scream and be happy. And that's how I feel. And I'm just...sosoSO fucking glad they're back. Finally. This album is...well, beautiful doesn't suit it. It's just...amazing. Cop-out, I know, but really, that's the only word I think I can use to describe it.

I'm proud of my boys from Jersey. :3

tl;dr, idek what this was, but I had to get it town. Good job if someone's actually reading this. seriously. ::XD:

so back to the album SDJHJFCDF. AMAZING. Especially S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W. Holy. Shit. So fucking incredible. What do you guys think? Tell me your favorite songs, flail with me! o/

Anyway, the 'rents are waking up very soon and I'm not supposed to be on the laptop this late. So until then, latah, motorbabies.

<3
November 23rd, 2010 at 02:20pm