Assessment Stress

We all get it, we all live through it. But the living through it bit can be absolutely AWFUL.

It's the last school week of the year for me (yay!), and that means, unfortunately, lots and lots of assessment. For some reason, the teachers love to put all of the exams and due dates all in the last two weeks of each term.

So: I had a Modern History essay last Tuesday, a Maths assignment that made no sense due last Thursday, a Modern History response to stimulus exam this Tuesday, an English unseen essay today, and a Drama performance and a science oral thrown in there somewhere as well. Tomorrow I have a maths exam and a business exam, and on the last day? Do we get any relief? Oh, no. We have a practice QCS exam.

For all of you who don't live in Queensland, Australia, QCS stands for Queensland Core Skills, and is the set of exams we do at the end of year 12 to determine our OP (overall position) for university. A good QCS mark, along with good grades in year 12, means a good OP and better chances of getting into the course you want to do at uni. OP 25 is the worst and OP 1 is the best.

So, yeah. Friday is going to suck. At least its a practice exam though, not a real one.

What do you hate the most about assessments/what is your favorite kind of assessment? Any funny exam stories?

xox, DD
November 24th, 2010 at 11:25am