My Dad doesn't Fail to Surprise Me. :J (questions)

First off,

Happy Thanksgiving.
Be happy for the smallest things you have, because to somebody else it would be an ultimate pleasure to even have a computer with Internet as you have now.
Or the fact you have a home. a bed. clothes on your back.
The usual song and dance of "BE THANKFUL PEOPLE, YOUR LIFE IS SO WONDERFUL...YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR COMPLAINING SO MUCH"


My mom made turkey and all that jazz.
She even made corn bread :o Something I had never actually tried in my life...
and damn was it good.


My widowed aunt and my three cousins were supposed to come, and never showed.
My dad said "They left us dressed and anticipated for no reason" a usual saying in Spanish.
"Nos dejaron vistidos y alvortados"


My dad complained like a child about my mom not having gravy, and I scolded him.
He's been doing that lately, just itching to bark at my mom for idiotic things.
Pisses me off that my mother just gives a evil stare and he keeps on with his bull, so I snap.


-.-" Anyway, I bring up that my friend Andrew wants to sleepover tonight,so bright and early we go shopping for the sales. They absolutely love him yet he begs to differ sometimes...this guy is like my best friend and my mom knows his mom since high school.

They're OK with it and my dad says, " I'm sleeping with the guys." (meaning my older brother& Andrew)
Me and mom just look at each other; the face symbolizing "why?"


Father: " All the girls sleep in the room and the guys in the living room"
Mother:"*smirks* Whatever you say"
Father:"You got that Monika?"
Me:" Yeah T.T *chewing on cornbread*"


And once I got to my room, it clicked.
I started chuckling to myself. My dad honestly thought that something would happen between me and him! PSHAA, padre mio!
Not even.
It's like the Island all over again.
On summer vacation, we went to the beach, rented a room in a hotel and had invited Andrew.(we sunk him in, shh)
Their was two beds and there were six people.
My parents. My sister. My brother. Me. Monkey Boy.
My dad insisted I sleep with him, my mother & sister.
I slept on the floor the first night while the guys slept cozily on the bed.
Andrew felt bad about it, but the bastard wouldn't offer to trade spaces but scoot over.
But knowing my dad, seeing me in the bed with the guys would be a WTF-IMA-TOSS-YOU-OUT-MOTHERHUGGA moment... so I declined and slept at the feet of my parents like a dog would. -.-


Hope your thanksgiving goes swell (:
And I hope mine doesn't get awkward...
<3-m


P.S there's a ghost in my room and it keeps opening the door.
My dad talks to it.
Dad:"Au, your leaving already?"
door closes.
Dad:"Close the door right!"
door creaks.
Dad walks to door and opens it.
"Hey, I told you if you leave close the door right"

-------------------------------
QUESTIONS
1.)what are you thankful for?
2.)what do you want for christmas?
3.)share your thanksgiving story :D
4.)what did you do this last summer?
November 25th, 2010 at 09:30pm