I miss you terribly come home safe big brother, thank you too the troops. :)

My brother has been in Afghanistan since August and it's been getting at us since he's been there but nothing ruined thanksgiving more than knowing my brother was there and not at home with us. We pulled through and had a somewhat enjoyable thanksgiving without him, we got to talk with him today and that made my mom happy, I was so happy being able to hear my big brothers voice.

He told us what they had for Thanksgiving since he is the cook and all. They had like four 14 pound hams and 4 turkeys and so many deserts and sides. I was happy knowing that he was able to enjoy a Thanksgiving diner as well, today all in all was a good day. I missing him so much right now and Christmas won't be the same without him either. He hasn't been able to celebrate holidays with us for two years but Thanksgiving last year he was in Virgina at A.I.T. (school you go to after basic training for the Army) and then Christmas he was with fiancee at Ft. Carson. Now he's spending the holidays stationed in Afghanistan and feeding our troops. :)

I'm so proud of my brother and everyone who has ever served in the military, thank you from the bottom of my heart. They are truly my hero's and I'm glad and proud to say my brother is defending our country so we can enjoy the holidays.

I really hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving, and if you don't celebrate it then I wish you had the best day. Well I'm off to bed, ate way to much food. :)
November 26th, 2010 at 07:16am