This is my only entry on Twilight

I've been clicking around on different profiles (I refer to it as profile-surfing) and I have concurred that most everyone on here has some kind of opinion on the Twilight Saga. I just figured I'd state mine.

Twilight is a half-abomination. Let me explain: the books were good. Great. I wasn't even satisfied at the end. I wanted to know what would happen to Renesme. Edward sounded like the most fabulous guy in the world. Bella sounded like someone I could relate to; brown hair, klutz, good group of friends. I have a friend just like Jacob in the first novel. It was a great series, even if it wasn't written well. I enjoyed it so much that I jumped at the chance to go and see it in theaters.
So I went. And I saw. And I was shocked. It sucked. Enough said. I went with my mother, who hadn't read the books, and she thought it was great. They left out huge chunks of the book and only put in the love quotes that Stephanie Meyer had written and are now cliches. All of my friends thought it was great, but the inner movie critic in me spoke up and out. I even bought it to see if I could accustom myself to it, and maybe over time it would get easier to watch. No such luck, obviously.

That first movie scarred me. I haven't seen any of the Twilight movies since. I'm surprised that I still have that movie. Maybe I'll go watch it and see if it's better than the last time, which was a long time ago. Maybe my luck will come back.
November 26th, 2010 at 09:43pm