I don't care you have no standing tickets left, I just want a ticket for Blink 182!! [Christmas. Concerts. Jimmy Carr]

When I left my house this morning for work, I went having left the strictest written instructions for my 19 year old world-owes-me-a-favour sister with my bank card and all my details for her to buy me tickets to see Blink 182 next year. I was so close to standing tickets apparently but the website kept having errors. In the end I got seated tickets but to be honest I was just glad to get tickets of any sort in the end. When they split up I thought I'd lost my chance to ever see them.

My 16 year old sister loves Blink 182 and has never been to a concert before. So how awesome does that make me then, that I brought her a ticket for Christmas? Her first concert is going to be Blink 182 even if she aint in the pit? What makes it better is that You Me At Six are supporting. What also makes it better is that by July 13th she will have finished her GCSE's so she has something to look forward to. Other than finishing her exams.

Best big sister ever? I do believe that right now, in my house, I am.

I'm excited for several reasons. Firstly, I get excited everytime I buy tickets for concerts; I just love going to them. Secondly, it's Blink 182. Thirdly, I'm taking my second-youngest sister to her first ever concert and it's going to be way awesome :D

Anyone else managed to get tickets? I do believe aside from the 3 new dates they have added to the UK leg of the tour, they are sold out in the UK. I feel very lucky to have these tickets. I may well be wrong and I probably am.

In other news it's nearly Christmas and I have a week off work soon (I'm taking my mum to see Simply Red on their farewell tour that week and the day after is my works Christmas party) which I am totally ready for. I'm so exhausted; I haven't had a week off work since May. Yes I've had odd days here and there but not one whole week of no work. Need to sleep. Period.

In other other news, I went to see Jimmy Carr on Monday night. It was a 21st birthday present from one of my friends and he was awesome! That is to say he was awesome if you like Jimmy Carr. There weren't many levels he didn't stoop to and you can so tell he is friends with Frankie Boyle. Just saying.

Also, just to make you laugh, because it made my day last week when it happened:
One of the four year olds I look after at work declared so very loudly, "That man has got a fat bottom!" when she saw our gardener. He heard. We laughed. She looked confused. He has since been employed to play the part of Santa at the children's Christmas party. IMMD.

:)
xoxox
November 26th, 2010 at 11:30pm