Danger Days, other new releases I'm looking forward to, and stories. [Questions]

I feel like I'm one of the very few people who actually loves MCR's new direction.

I mean, they're husbands and fathers and they've aged. They can't be singing melancholy rock tunes all the time.

The new album (which I bought today) is really unique, and well done. I love how it sounds, and the lyrics are as powerful as ever.

Not to mention, I love the whole concept of the Killjoys, California 2019, and BL/ind. If there's anything MCR does incredibly, incredibly well - better than anyone else in the industry, possibly - it's the concept album.

Really, if you don't like this new direction, you don't like the new sound and actually appreciate the fact that the band is growing, I don't think you're a real fan.

I mean, the Beatles changed their sound numerous times and all the real fans didn't care.

That's just my opinion on the matter. Don't take offense, because it's not meant like that.

I'm getting all psyched about the next year in music. Next summer is Beady Eye's album and hopefully Noel Gallagher's solo album, and that means so much to me. The band that helped me through it all may not be together, but they're still rockin' out over in the UK.

In fact, today I ordered the NME Oasis special issue. I cannot wait until it comes in. 16 years of amazing in one beautiful magazine. <3

I've got so many story ideas floating around in my head, but I've got no way to write them out because they aren't cooperating. I can't isolate just one - they're all jumbled, if that makes sense. Ugh. Do not want/

Questions
1. (a) MCR fan?
(b) If so, what do you think of Danger Days?
2. What do you think about the music industry at the moment?
3. Any bands planning releases that you're excited about?
4. Is there any band you loved that broke up?
5. Any advice for all those story ideas?
6. Didja know that I'm here for you, always?
November 27th, 2010 at 03:06am