Any Beta Readers Out There|I'm Screwed with my stories - plotwise|I think I'm moping, Darling. Please click?

Okay, so the first part of this journal is quite obvious.
Honestly, I suck at editing my own work, and right now, I need to do a lot of that editing with my totally disasterous WriMo piece.
So any good beta's out there? Honestly, what I'm more-or-less worried about for this story, is this:
-how things are worded
-spelling, once in a while
-grammar once in a while.
And once I get passed oh let's say, chapter 4 for this, things will be a lot easier, because I'll be typing a lot more carefully from then on.

The very-unedited version of this story is
Here if you want to check it out.
If your to lazy to do that, but you'll want to know what your editing, then it's this:
The whole story in itself is very super-natural, and romantic, but honestly, the places where I'll need the most editing (ex: first part of the story) will be very boring.
(yes, that irks me)
Okay, I think I'm done with that

----------

I was glancing through my stories - wondering why I was so irritated with them - when I realized something of great importance:
None of my stories really have plots.
-one of my stories has no subplots, and it has not focussed on a mainplot. there is absolutely nothing leading up to what I want this story to be based on.
-Another, totally different story has no subplots, and it has a very unoriginal, somewhat irritating mainplot.
-Another story has no plot at all.

How did I land myself in this, mibba? Honestly? I really thought my writing better than this - not that I'm saying it was perfect or anything. I've taken time off from writing to try and fix this somehow, but I really can't just change around my stories, ya know? Part of me just wants to drop the whole stories, but than another part of me hates that.
They were my first stories after all, and maybe that'swhy I should drop them? But instead of making me want to abandon those stories, I just want them to be finished nicely.
I might do one of those 'adopt a story' things that ficpress does.. (they still do that, right?)

---------

You don't have to read this section of my journal, it's just my sulking.
So mibba, I'm irritated.
My writing is a main part of why I am upset, but besides that, I just feel like a b*tch. I honestly hate people that whine about things, but now I'm getting why they do it; it let's off steam, of sorts.
So I've got a cold: d*mn you, cold.
I've got to fix my sleeping schedule before I go back to school tomorrow - I knew staying up until 4:30 each night wasn't a good idea.
My first date-ship isn't really working out that well. Ugh, d*mn.

Okay, done b*tching, promise

-----

Questions:
1. Beta?
2. What do you recommend I do about my plotless stories?
3. Have you ever heard of "adopt a story"?
4. How've you been today?

-Ells
November 28th, 2010 at 05:07pm