Well, Here Comes the Cycle Again.

So. School starts tomorrow. Do I approve? Never.
Usually I'm totally fine with school, but ever since college applications have come up and basketball, I find school actually IN THE WAY of my work! You know when you have too much homework and chores when you find the source actually taking away precious time to work on them.

For instance, my school has Juniors and Seniors create Extended Reading presentations. It's when you and a partner read some ancient book, analyze it to the bone, and then present it in 50 minutes. So, naturally, it takes FOREVER to prepare for. But while I'm preparing, other extendeds are being presented, so there's no point of me being at school. All I can think about is the presentation and how I need to work on it.

There's something wrong with that picture.

Now I recently discovered I need to take the ACT next month in order to try and qualify for huge scholarships to the schools I want to go to, because trying hard in school and being in the middle class white girl isn't good enough for sufficient financial aid.

Why do people BORN into a minority race get all the credit?

Not to be racist in any way, but there are many Mexicans at my school, one of them is my dear friend. Did she CHOOSE to be a minority? No. So people just BORN into these races are presented with money when they want to pursue an education. While I'm the Portuguese/Irish girl in the corner working off every cent of my loan while in college, because we have enough money to live a good life, just not enough to pay for a $50,000 university.

Honestly, who CAN pay for that??

Oh well, only one more year and I'm done with high school. Crazy to think about isn't it? Just yesterday I was a wide eyed freshman, fascinated and terrified that some senior boys had beards and really deep voices. Just yesterday I was freaking out driving down my street with my permit. Just yesterday I took the dreaded SAT. Now I'm going to be leaving...all my friends, family, everything. But that's when you grow, when you're placed in tough, foreign situations. It's how you build character. Or some crazy crap like that. lol

Although, I DID have a nice vacation. Even though I spent the majority of the time working on college apps and playing the Sims 3. The pumpkin pie was delicious :)
November 29th, 2010 at 01:32am