Flashy title? It's to late for that nonsense, read it if you want.

Only half of my homework is done.

My crazy English teacher gave six pages of chart to fill out on five chapters.

Everything from, all the places the main character has gone, what she did there, how was it described in the book, how it changed her and what the place is like now.

And then we find the meaning of every single name that is given in the book up to the fifth chapter whether they said one word or five hundred.

But there’s more!

That's only the first two pages of homework!

On the third page we get to go on a scavenger hunt for motifs. If you don’t know what that means it’s things that are repeated over and over. You’d think they would be obvious, and to a normal teacher they’d probably only want the obvious ones.

But my teacher is crazy, so this is not the case.

She wants eight.

Just in those five chapters.

My eight go from porch, gate, feet/foot, hair, mules and then to corn. And once we find these magical eight words we get to explain their meaning to the story. The metaphor that lies behind the word.

Had enough?

Sadly it’s not over, three more pages to go!

The next page asks for “related issues” as in re - read those five chapters until you can find some part of the book that is similar to one of the five short stories you read. Then you get to explain your “related issues” to fill up your chart and hope to any god that it will fill up this forsaken chart.

Finally its full, its over you may think.

But oh no, there’s two more pages of this “related issues” crap to fill up and this time you need at least eight for each of the forsaken pages.

Did I mention that this is due tomorrow?

The same day of the test?

No?

Well, now I did!

I was saying this in my head with an announcer voice the whole time...
November 29th, 2010 at 03:55am