I get to write a fanfiction for an English project. [MCR, presentation advice, and questions]

Yeah. I'm super-pumped. :D

My English class is reading Brave New World and we were assigned a separate utopia/dystopia book to read along with it, then do a presentation on all these connections. He advised us to get into character.

I was assigned A Clockwork Orange and I was having a hard time really getting into it because of all the Russian slang. I was going to give my presentation using Burgess' dialogue, but then Danger Days came out.

The California 2019 setting struck me as incredibly dystopian, and BL/ind. felt very Brave New World-ish. I had an idea for a fanfiction focusing on the Killjoys' battle against BL/ind. and how BL/ind. wanted to eliminate them.

Anyways, Mr. Roy [my English teacher] is also a huge comic book nerd. He went to a convention this year, and he started up the comic book club, and all this other rather adorable nerd stuff. :) And I've always wanted to read Umbrella Academy by Gerard Way, so I asked him if he had it.

He got all excited and said he'd bring it in for me, and then gushed about meeting the illustrator.

And then I casually asked to talk about the project, and he walked me outside and I pitched him the California 2019 setting and told him I could write about the Killjoys fighting against BL/ind., and he endorsed it and said that I could do that instead of something on A Clockwork Orange.

Oh my God am I excited. :D

It's good because I'll know my topic inside and out, which helps me fight off the panic attack I'm going to have while I'm up there.

And then you guys will get to see my story. No romance or anything, just good old dystopian society. :)

The thing is, the panic attacks are serious. Shaking, hyperventilation, crying... the whole shebang. And I was wondering if anyone had any advice for fighting them off. I am not good in front of crowds - even if I'm just saying "room quiet, please" during a Music Tech recording, I start shaking.

So that's the end of this amazing journal. :D

Questions
1. Read Brave New World before?
2. Advice on fighting off panic attacks?
3. How should I get the class involved in my Killjoys presentation? (Like, give them all Killjoy names or divide them up or something...)
4. How was your day?
November 30th, 2010 at 01:44am