NaNoWriMo For a Year, Comment Swap, and Shameless Advertising.

Once more I'm slipping the words "comment" and "swap" into my journal title like that's not what this journal is really for. *shifty look*

NaNoWriMo For a Year.
Surely that makes it NaNoWriYe? Ahem, anyway, because I'm completely crazy I've decided to write a novel of at least 50,000 words every month for the next year, ending with the end of NaNoWriMo 2011. It sounds crazy, I know, but there are a few brave souls who are doing it along with me, and I figured that, because I have so many damn novel ideas in my head yet I never seem to get around to writing them or getting past the first few chapters, I could use this mad idea to clean out my inspiration shelf, as it would be. Plus it's one of the things on my list for the 101 in 1001 Project. See that link? It's my journal for it. Go and see what crazy things I have to do in 1001 days.

So yes, NaNo for a year. I'm not really expecting to emerge with what's left of my sanity, but at least I'll have twelve nice new novels to edit in the loony bin.

Comment Swap.
Please, my lovelies, comment on 11:42, my new original horror one-shot? It needs some love. It's rather different and I'm quite proud of how it turned out, and I'd love to see what you think.

Remember:
1) You comment first.
2) You get what you give.
3) Tell me what you want me to read in the comments =]

Shameless Advertising.
My newest full-length story, also of the horror genre, is one chapter old at the moment and is called Eyes Open. It seems to be going down rather well, if you would like to check it out =] I promise you that it does get incredibly scary, and unnerving, and yeah ... it's basically nightmare fuel. xD

Something Really Random.
I realized today that I've never, ever, written the word "icicle" down. To the extent that I'm not even sure if that's how you spell it. The first time I wrote it was today, when I realized that there are four of them dangling down from my roof in a very artistic and pretty manner.

Is off to go and try and finish her NaNo (November) novel before midnight,
xx Fionnuala xx
November 30th, 2010 at 07:43pm