My Struggle With Self Injury.

It started at age 12, when we moved out to this godforsaken small town in the middle of fucking no where. I had no friends, my life was gone. I was lonely. I no longer lived near my father, who barely kept in touch anyway. So this meant no visits to Daddy. School sucked, I was constantly harassed every day by asshole douche bags, and with no other way to cope i turned to self injury.

Two years.
It lasted for two years (with a one year break in between). I struggled horribly with it. I tried to stop a numerous amount of times. I lasted for a year and then got back into it.

In the middle of it all I discovered a band called Marianas Trench. They saved my life. As fucking cheesy and cliche as it sounds, its true. Their music makes me happy. Everything about them is so wonderful.

Since then, I've struggled with it a couple of times. I had little bouts, that would last a week or two, where I would feel the need, and sometimes give in, and cut. Recently I've started scratching my arms, as weird as it sounds. And using an eraser on them, until my arms are numb and red.

As of last week, that has stopped. As the winter progresses the want to cut will grow stronger, because of my seasonal affective disorder.

But I know I can be strong, and resist. I know now that there is people that love me, such as my wonderful girlfriend Daniella who will be there for me to talk me down. <3
December 1st, 2010 at 10:16am