My dad wants me to pay for my grandmother's funeral.

When I was really little, like one or something, my aunt's dog bit me on the face. I had to get stitches, which I guess is considered surgery, so when I was like four I got a sh*t load of money. I'm not supposed to be able to get it until I'm eighteen, but since my ex-lawyer took like two thousand dollars 'cause she hadn't been paid, I have a small enough amount that they might let me just put it into a bank account or something.

I was in the car with my dad earlier, and he started talking about me buying 3-acres of land in Georgia. At first I didn't understand, because he didn't tell me the back story. But then he explained that my aunt was talking about how whoever paid for my grandmother's funeral could pay some money on my grandmother's property and then have her land instead of selling it to a stranger in order to pay for her funeral. And since I've got like $14,000, and the total would only come to $9,000 he suggested that I do it.

I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the thought of paying for my grandmother's funeral, though. The land is supposed to be really pretty, and it's got a little creek out back. We might go see it during Christmas break, but... the thought of paying for someone's funeral disturbs me. I don't want to not do it though, because I know that if I don't they're going to have a really hard time paying for her funeral when she does die. I have the money and to have some land like that would be really nice, whether I'm only fifteen or not. & I could get my money back in three years if I rent it out to three different people (there's room for three trailers) then after that it would all be profit. So really, it isn't that bad of an idea.

Plus, my parents are old & they can barely pay their bills. I'd like to know that if they ever lost the house then they'd have somewhere's to go. I would too, if I'm still living with them when/if that happens. I just... I don't want to worry about it, ya know? It stresses me out because I've forced them to involve me in conversations about money & it's rather depressing...

I think I might do it, if I can. My lawyer's supposed to be going to the court office to get the paper signed & then I'll be able to have my money in a bank account. I'm not sure how everything is going to work, because I can't tell my mom about my dad's idea or she'll be really pissed. She doesn't want me to spend all of my money yet, but it's not like I'm not gonna get it back in a couple of years. We'd rent it out, three people would be able to park their trailers there & pay like $150 a month & in three years I'd have all of my money back. So if my grandmother doesn't die before I get my money (god forbid), then I'm going to do it.

After I get out of high school & graduate from college I'd be able to live there, if I wanted to. I'd be able to use the money I got from the profit part & have a pretty house built that can over look the little creek & I'd have my life set, basically. Although I'm not a big fan of Georgia, so I probably wouldn't live there. But it could totally be a vacation house or something.

I guess that's basically all I wanted to say right now. There's more stuff on my mind but this is the biggest thing, which is surprising.
December 4th, 2010 at 03:57am