the final tattoo design decision.

Image
"One hundred thousand wings soaring through the sky's at intense speed's we can't catch with our eye's"

I've been trawling around with idea's on how I could get these lyrics tattooed with out drawing the attention away from the lyrics. I'd considered multiple idea's such as a banner with rose's, just a paragraph with the lyrics and even just having the words tattooed across my upper back.

None of these idea's seemed to stick and convey the idea of the lyrics. I didn't want a huge piece with so many different elements that you couldn't figure out what the initial concept of the tattoo was. I don't really see the use of having a tattoo with no particular meaning or purpose; it's just seems really stupid.

The design had to be able to fit in with another piece if I so wanted to get another tattoo, without looking like it's part of another. I really enjoyed the idea of life being somewhat related to a fairy tale and where do fairy tales usually come from? books.

I combined my creative juices with the idea of a story book, lyrics and whatever else came to me at 1:30 am. The lyrics themselves are from 'There's No Sympathy For The Dead' by the genius Escape the Fate. It wasn't a sudden decision, those lyric's have been something I've remembered over the past five years and for some stupid reason have meant something, strange right?

But I'm straying from my point.

I came up with a simple design that had much more meaning then it seemed, I really like it's simplicity and basics. But anyhow I just wanted to share my brilliant idea's with you Mibbians, but now I'm over tired and I need sleep.

GOODNIGHT.

PS. Excuse my crude drawing, it's only a rough draft.
December 5th, 2010 at 01:40pm