Before you take that final step, consider this... -Sensitive content, no spam please-

Suicide.

It's not something I believe to be taken very seriously by teenagers, unless they've had an experience with it themselves. To make something clear though, I'm not generalising any of you Mibbians, it's just something I've been thinking about (the jokes that people make about it, not suicide itself)

In my time on Mibba, I've seen a few profiles where the user has passed away, be it suicide, car crash etc. It makes me upset even though I've never met them, or even spoken to them on Mibba. Death is serious, and not many people take that in consideration either.

Now I'm no psychologist, but I'm going to try my best with posting some advice/attempt a motivational talk.

If you're feeling down, or even possibly suicidal, find something you enjoy. Your favourite kids show from when you were younger. Reading. Writing. Drawing. Some form of expression without making any drastic changes.

Turn the stereo up loud and scream at the top of your lungs. You'd be surprised at how much it actually helps.Listen to your favourite songs, go for a walk. Believe it or not, oxygen actually does your emotion levels the world of good (I'll leave the science-y bit out for now) Don't be afraid to cry. It's natural.

Talk to someone. Whether it's a friend, member of your family, or even just a trusted teacher, it will feel good to get it off your chest, even if their is no immediate change to your situation. A problem solved is a problem halved, after all.

Or perhaps even someone here on Mibba, who you may not ever meet. The forums, a journal. I'm fairly certain that everyone here will rally to support you. Much as people complain about the trolls, I have not once spoken to someone here with bad intentions. We all want to help

If anyone wants to talk, I am more than willing to listen. Don't be embarrassed, drop me a comment or PM and I'll most definitely reply, unless I'm at school.

And finally, before I leave I'd just like to leave you with a few things.

"Don't look behind and wait for the past to catch up with you, look forward and chase the future."- Myself

"Tough times never last, but tough people do."
Dr. Robert Schuller

"If you keep your face to the sun, you won't see the shadows"
Adam Gontier

"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it; if you can dream it, you can become it."
William Arthur Ward

?"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

"I think I've discovered the secret to life - you just hang around til' you get used to it."
"You will survive it somehow because life starts now"
"You are not alone.There are others out there like you"
"It's not too late. It's never too late"

--All Adam Gontier (He's a good therapist, trust me.)

But most of all...
SMILE!
It looks good on you

I love you all!
December 6th, 2010 at 09:57pm