Ignorance Truly Isn't Bliss

Dear Anonymous,

There was a time where I would sit back and allow you to do mean things to people and fight stupid fights just because you were bored or pissed at someone else. I feel sorry for you for so many reasons.

You live in a picture perfect world in your opinion. You think you are big and mighty because you cuss people out and ‘stand’ up for yourself when someone does something to annoy you. The world isn’t like that, maybe you have been so sheltered that you forget to notice that the world isn’t a place where you can say whatever comes to your mind and expect for everything to be okay because you apologize.

Sometimes there are moments where in the heat of the moment you say something to a person but you never know if that is the last time you will ever see that person. What if you never see that person again and you are left living with the regret of knowing that your final words to that person were filled with anger over something stupid that wasn’t worth fighting for? There is more to life than being able to ‘win’ arguments because you use more cuss words.

I find it funny that you think that calling me ‘bitch’ would make me somehow feel horrible about myself and bring me down to your level where I have to use petty words like that to express how I feel about something or someone. You may think all high and mighty of yourself because I didn’t text you back cussing you out for ever calling me that, sure, I wanted to more than anything to text you back and say exactly what was on my mind. But I realized that sometimes you have to realize that some things aren’t worth fighting for. You have to learn to pick your battles.

There was a time where I thought that arguments were just about who could yell the loudest and put the other person down the most. But then I realized that sometimes I need to sit down and listen to what the person is saying and realize that maybe I was wrong. And instead of fighting more because I realized I was wrong, I let it go. I know what I will stand for and fight for and going down to your immature level is not one of the battles I am going to fight.

You can think you have won all you want, but in life there really isn’t a winner. In your victory over me you have lost a friend, someone who put up with your crap for the longest time so really you have lost something valuable and irreplaceable; my friendship.

One day you will learn that you can’t change the actions that people make. You can’t tell me that I have to decide between you and your ex-boyfriend’s friendship. Because all of this time he has been a better friend than you ever have. Instead of being angry with me for hanging out with your ex maybe you should’ve started caring about what I was going through and realized that he was helping me through a hard time more than you ever had. You really shouldn’t give ultimatums to someone when you are obviously going to lose.

The world doesn’t revolve around you. There may be some people that you know that completely suck up to you because they are scared of you. They don’t have the guts to stand up for what they believe in. I don’t care if you make my life hell like everyone else’s. I would much rather be going through that and know that I stood up for myself and something that truly meant something to me rather than allowing myself to be inferior to you because you think that is it all right to treat people the way you treat them.

Stand up for what’s right, even if you’re standing alone.

So there I am standing up for what I believe in. and with this I am saying that I truly pity your ignorance of what is important in your life. You live a privileged life, better than most of the other people in the world and someday you will realize that the world is a much harsher place than your small little world that you have created and I honestly feel sorry for you when that day comes because all you will have known for your life was a lie because you can’t get away with all of the other stuff you got away with.

Ignorance really isn't bliss.
December 7th, 2010 at 02:25am