I Had To Talk To The Police Today. [Edited]

Yeah. I had to because someone attempted to break into my neighbor's house, and I saw it all.

First thing you should know, the neighbors are pretty close to us, so it's really loud when they shut their car doors. And I had assumed that they were shutting a car door, but then it happened again, and this time it sounded different. So, I looked out my window and BAM I saw a guy who was trying to kick in their door, so I told my brother and he ran after him, but mostly to scare him off.

Our neighbor came home five minutes after this all happened, and my brother went to tell him about it. My neighbor is actually an ex-police man, so he immediately had connections with other police men. So, he called the police and then they came over and checked things out. And since it snowed out, they could see the guy's footprints. They also scraped the door where his show made contact. It was awesome.

This guy attempted to break in when it was still light out. Seriously. It was so stupid. But, when the police actually came, it was dark out, and their flashlights were buzzing everywhere. It reminded me of some crime show.

But a police man actually talked with my brother, then I next, and I told him everything. I even told him about the guy kicking the door, so that's when he got the idea of scraping the door for evidence.

They basically reported this as an attempted burglary, which it really is, considering this guy (along with the people that are associated with him) have been hitting houses in the neighborhood.

It was cool to be interviewed.

Image

- Tasha
December 8th, 2010 at 02:46am