Coraline Rose, please be possible.

My cousin and his wife are having a baby. They've had three other kids though, and they all got taken away by the state because his wife is highly bipolar & isn't a suitable mother according to the state. Anyways, they were trying to find someone to adopt it so it doesn't go to a stranger. At first my aunt said she might take it, but she doesn't have good health and she has problems getting around her house, and for her to raise a new born baby wouldn't be easy.

So my dad suggested that we take it. My mom has said before that she really wanted another baby. The first time she said this was when my cousin Sue Ellen found out she was pregnant, but she decided to keep it.Even though she's a terrible mother. ::shifty: My mom is fifty-two and hasn't had a kid since me. & all of my siblings are 9+ years older than me. So it's been a while for her & she misses it.

Anyways, this conversation happened on Monday, I believe. My mom decided that she wants it, but we weren't sure what the legal process was & didn't know how hard it would be & whatnot. What was really funny though, is that less than an hour after she said yes, my dad left the room & she does that thing where you look back and forth to see if anyone is looking, and whispers "google baby names". It was hilarious. So for three hours we were looking for baby names. We decided on Coraline Rose & Corey Ryker. Although I'm not a fan of the boy name. The girl name was of my making though, and I absolutely love it. ::tehe:

Tuesday my dad called my cousin who took one of their other kids. She said that we had to have a background check, our house checked, pets checked, etc. Which was kind of a let down because my parents both have mental disorders and my mom has some type of violence on her record, although she wasn't convicted. My mom was sure that we wouldn't be able to get it because of that, and the chances weren't very high...

Wednesday, my dad called the case worker. She told him that since the baby hasn't actually been taken by the state yet, it's a private adoption which means that all we have to do is get an attorney and sign the papers. We're not very high on money at the moment, though and attorneys are expensive.

Thursday, my dad started calling some attorneys. All of the ones that actually gave him prices said $3,000 which we definitely can't afford. So the chances are looking down once again.

I really hope we can find a lawyer that we can afford, though. I've wanted a younger sibling since I was four. That is a long time. Having a younger sibling would be so amazing, whether I'm only going to really be in it's life for three years or not. I'll still have been there & I'll still be in it for the rest of my life. I think I'd make an awesome big sister. Although I make a terrible older cousin... But I only knew that girl for like a year & she was seven. I think it'd be a lot better if I knew the kid since birth... Ah, I'm so excited. If this doesn't happen it's going to be a very big let down...
December 11th, 2010 at 03:59am