Evanescence

Evanescence is my number one favorite band.
Image

In the summer of 2003, my family and I were going to Arkansas, like we do every year (well, not anymore.), and I was in charge of the radio! I switched through a few stations, since I was 7 years old I never really had a specific music taste...except N-Sync...;-) All of a sudden I hear on the radio this rock song, I heard the lead singer and was absolutely stunned. Her voice..was beautiful. Even at a young age, I knew she was one of the best singers ever, and I didn't even know her name. That was the last time I heard of this singer and the music.

On my way home from school near the end of 2006, my mom and I heard a new song on the radio. I listened and recognized the singer. My mom looked at me and said "doesn't she sound like the one singer who sang Wake Me Up Inside?" (lol, we didn't know till now that it's actually called Bring Me To Life) and I agreed. I waited till they said what the song and band was called, and after getting the info, I looked the band up.

After that day, Evanescence became my new obsession, and my friends were noticing it. Everyday I would say "I heard Call Me When You're Sober on the radio!" or "Did you guys hear My Immortal on MTV the other day?!" and eventually they were annoyed. But I couldn't help it, I was too much in love with this band. Also, ever since I got hooked on Evanescence, I started listening to more rock and less rap.
And what can I say about that? Good riddance. I'm so glad I discovered EV. If I didn't, then I'd be rotting in hell with shitty rap music in my ears. (Well, Eminem and Linkin Park are exceptions ;p) I'm now a big rocker and I'm glad to be. I've also gotten some of my friends into Evanescence now!

With all of this said, I'd just like to say- Happy Birthday, Amy Lee! You goddess, you<3
Image

Well, that's all for now, Goodnight everybody!
Love,
~Aleisha :-)
December 14th, 2010 at 04:10am