What is wrong with him?

Guys I really need your help for my story. The story is Take Me Away and the gist of it is she's an abused addicted teenage prostitute and he is depressed and trying to find himself again while touring with his band. He is driving around town and finds her in the streets walking to the hospital to get some medical help. Anyways the barely talked for more than ten minuets and now he is obsessed with her, he even asks her to join his band on a world tour. That is just what I have so far and the rest of the story is in my head. I know where it is going and stuff but I just need your help figuring out what is wrong with my guy character.

I know for a fact that he is depressed and trying to find himself in the story. He is just trying to find out his life and what he really needs in his life. But I can't figure out if depression can cause you to latch onto someone like he did in the story or if I might have created another mental disorder without even trying too. I've googled this to no end and I haven't found anything about this but maybe someone reading this has some sort of idea? I really need help with this guys, this is very important to my story. This story is my baby and I've been working on it for almost three years and even though it doesn't seem very original this is the one story I actually want to finish. I just want to get everything right in this story. So if you have any idea on what is wrong with my character please let me know in a PM or a comment or even comment on the journal. Please and thank you. :)
December 14th, 2010 at 08:18am