Writer's block?

Hi, Mibba. Lately, I haven't written anything.

With school work, play practice, and all the drama that's been going on, I haven't had time, nor have I been in the mood. I've had ideas, but I've never had the time to write them. With me, if I don't write them down while they're in my head, I don't write them at all, because I convince myself they're stupid ideas and no one would like them.

Anyway, whenever I do try to write a story, I have some trouble starting out. Today in my last period, some lady from the central office came over and gave us a presentation about using technology to help us with our school work, and there was this site that I thought would be really helpful in planning out a story.

The site is here. You can try it out by clicking the button that says, "Start Brainstorming." You can put your central idea in the middle and just add on to it. :) It'd also be good for some projects you're working on at school.

Here are some of the other sites she mentioned:
prezi.com
worldmapper.org
glogster.com

Prezi is a cool little online presentation maker, kind of like a PowerPoint, but with a little more quality. You do have to sign up to use that apparently, but it could be worth it.

WorldMapper is a neat site having to do with world statistics. I don't really know how to describe it, but it might come in handy for a Social Studies class or something of the sort.

Glogster lets you make a "glog" which is basically like a poster. It looks pretty neat. If you go to the site, you can make your own by clicking the "Try To Create Yours" button.

I don't know whether any of these will help any of you, but it's worth a shot. :)

Questions:
1. What are you doing for New Years?
2. Any Holiday plans for the upcoming break?
3. Random thoughts anyone?
December 15th, 2010 at 12:46am