Can we pretend that we're dead while getting over it?

"Getting over it"

I thought I was going to get a break from school for my winter break, but that's not the case. I'm pretty much okay with that, seeing as the rest of my life will be hectic with a lot of commissions, and assignments. I've come to accept that, and I embrace that. Of course, I don't like the fact that I have to work for the rest of my life, even though I need a break, but, hey, that's life, right?

That's not the case for the snobby kids in my AP Government class. Yesterday, we got assigned a project to do over break, and immediately, most of the class started protesting.

"Ah, Mr. M, why do you have to give us work, we have lives and we need a break!" Many kids cried, as my friends and I rolled our eyes are their complaints.

I mean, honestly, it's an AP course. Meaning, we're going to have to work twice as hard than those with the CP course. You signed up for the challenge, so get over it.

To be honest, the assignment isn't even difficult. It's the equivalent to what an eight grade honors course would have: research an interest group, get the facts and figures, two page, double spaced 14 FONT. Notice that the 14 font is bold. I mean, come on, it's so easy, it could be done under an hour.

And then this one girl in the class (whom not a lot of people like. From what I heard -and I don't want to sound like a b*tch but I know it's true by the way she acts- she cheats and always gets her way out to get straight A's.) decides to blame this whole project on my two friends, whom actually made the project easier for the class.

Dude, get over it. When you're in college and the professor assigns you a 10-20 page research paper on some daunt task, I bet you're not going to complain to him/her by saying "Professor! I have a life, and I need a break!" The professor is not even going to take you seriously if you're acting like a child.

end rant.

Can we pretend that we're dead?

The other day I was listening to the radio, and the DJ being the eccentric guy he is decides to play a Halloween song instead of a Christmas song. Well, the song was "Pretend We're Dead" by L7 and dear Jesus, I fell in love with them. I'm already experiencing a huge fan girl stage toward grunge music, and L7 is probably one of my favorite bands now. Plus, they're an all girl band, making me all inspired and such, even though I fail at music.

Take a listen:


I seriously want to steal their clothes, even if I have a copious amount of plaid shirts xD.

Comments/opinions toward the topics above? Go ahead and leave your troubles on the comment box ;]
I gotta go and write this essay. So bai.
December 18th, 2010 at 12:26am