Pertaining to Letters to Cali. [And new story idea, looking for opinions.]

So, I dont know if any of you read my story Letters to Cali.
I'm not going to ask if you do.

I just have some information about it.
I'm putting it on hold until after the holidays.
So, I'll be writing, just not updating, yanno?
There will however be updates from the 10th Januray.

~~~~

So I have this new story idea, infact I've already started writing it.
But I want some opinions on the story idea I have.

It's set in the year 2023, Russia and Europe go to war, sending nuclear bombs raining down all over the place.
So, in America, 200,000 people are rounded up, and sent underground. To live out the war, and effects of the radiation, and then to one day, repopulate the earth, with their unradiated genes.

That's the basic idea.
It'll be told in different parts.

Part one: is when the war begins in 2023, and we follow the people going underground, and their getting setteled into place. There'll be ten chapters at most in this part.
Part two: is even further into the future, 90 - 110 years after they go underground. And it's when they get the all clear to begin their preperations to head back up above ground. This follows two people who get sent up first, and go across the country first to check everythings okay and then report back to the bosses in Esper (which is the underground city).
There might be a part three aswell, when everyone comes up and starts civilisation over again.

Anyway, what do you guys think?
I'd really love some opinions on the idea.

It's kind of inspired by The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins, and the Gone series by Michael Grant.

Anyway, looking foreward to opinions.

-Kitty.
December 18th, 2010 at 08:03pm