It's Risky Buisness, Babe

I think everyone on Earth has been told at least once to "live each day like it's your last."

Now, we all wish that we could do that, but it's hard. Besides all the obvious obstacles like work, school, family and such, we are all scared. I would live each day like my last if I wasn’t afraid of the consequences or what people would think or the risks.

If I knew I would die in 24 hours, I would spend all my money on a plane ticket to an Australian beach. I just feel like I belong there, you know? But, I can’t just live like that. I have responsibilities.

I am sure the people who say that don’t mean it as literal as hop a plane to one of the Seven Wonders of the World, but mean live without regrets. At night before you fall asleep, don’t look back and ask “what if”, you should know what if because you did it. Don’t regret not doing something or actually doing something. If you are rude to someone and know it was wrong, just go back and say sorry. You never know what could happen. A bus could kill you and they would live their life saying that they wish that you had the chance to tell them sorry. It may bug them for life.

Or it could bug you for the rest of your life if you don’t do something you know you want to do. Like now, the one thing I have to decide if I want to do involves someone else. There is a boy and my friend suggested I just walk up and kiss him. She thinks I should make the first move. It’s not like the boy is a complete stranger, he is a friend who I know is interested, but it’s hard. It’s hard to overcome your fears even if the outcome could be great.

So my advice to you is this. Live life to the fullest. When you are old, I want you to be able to think back on all those risky times and how you overcame them, some might end out bad or great but you know how they turned out because you did it. So just do it. Be brave. I believe in you.
December 19th, 2010 at 05:03am