I'm accepting myself and I don't care what you think

For as long as I can remember I've always felt this attraction to guys and girls, this can go back for as long as I would old enough to make friends. I just thought it was normal to feel that for both sexes, I never thought it was wrong.

Then I hit puberty and that is when that it hit me that maybe this wasn't a normal thing. That maybe not everyone found girls so attractive like I did, and not everyone found guys so appealing like I did. I just couldn't stop these feelings for either of the sexes, and then that is when I knew something wasn't right with me. I hit 7th grade and I got my first boyfriend and so did my best friend, who is a girl, and I got insanely jealous when she was with her boyfriend. I then realized that I had a crush on her. I had a crush on my best friend and I was dating the guy I've been crushing on since sixth grade.

Then eighth grade came around and I had a new boyfriend and also a new crush on a girl. I couldn't understand what was wrong with me, I couldn't figure it out why I felt this attraction to girls and guys. It wasn't making sense to me and it just confused me. I had a boyfriend but yet I was still crushing on girls? I couldn't understand what was wrong with me.

Then high school came around and these feelings I had for the sexes just got even stronger. I was single and secretly crushing on this guy and I was crushing on this girl from my softball team. It was then for the first time I heard the term bisexual and so many girls in my school claimed they were and then a week later they weren't. I thought this was the normal thing to do, which made me feel worse. I thought something was really wrong with me because I've had these feelings the girls and guys all my life. I didn't know what to believe anymore.

Finally this year my senior year in high school I've come to terms with the facts that yes I am bisexual. Even though it was the "normal" thing to claim you were this year and the year before, I fought with this label since freshman year. I've fought with myself and I'm finally ready to accept it. Even though I have a boyfriend and have had one for a year I still find myself so attracted to these girls in my school.

I know what I am and yes I'm sure I'm still a little confused about what my sexuality really is but I know that I'm comfortable with myself. I'm comfortable saying yes I do feel attracted to both sexes and no there isn't anything wrong that.

It'll take some more time for me to come out to family but for now the only people who know are my boyfriend, and two close friends. And even though I've never done anything with a girl doesn't change a thing because I've never even kissed a guy. I'm just accepting myself as I am and nothing or no one will ever make me feel like a freak or an outcast because of what I am.
December 20th, 2010 at 02:57am