My Life Story

As I look out of my window, I think of how lucky I am. You know, people need to have a wake up call; they live life without looking past the glamour. Life is a mystery, however, it is mystical, and people need to appreciate how wonderful it is to be able to just breathe. It is a miracle. Do you believe in miracles? The function of the body comes from one thing and that is the human mind. That is controlled by the brain, and what wonders does it make. Here is where all our imagination comes from, where everything connects; here is where you prove to the world what you are capable of doing. God knows how much you can do. As I grow up in this world I learn new things everyday. My parents have always told me that I was born with a head for a reason; it was not only to grow hair. Every single time I hear that I recognize truth in it. Sure everyone has their moments but does it happen everyday? One of the things that a human always does is either give excuses and/or blame others. Hello, do they not see that they are only hurting themselves. It is just so sad that people waste all their talent on nothing and believe me there are a plethora of people around the world with talent. Have you ever thought about how personalized humans are? Why do we all try to be the same? Does it make any sense what-so-ever? That is the question that I ask myself everyday. It really amazes me how Earth is the only planet that has human interaction and the rest of the planets are not. Is that not that good of an example of how we should be? The answer is right in front of our eyes. There is no need to blend within the throng. Be yourself, let yourself be the way you like to be and do not be afraid to be judged. Once you try it, there is no turning back. It is really addictive, and you must know that no one can take your personality. Are you scarred or worried that no one will like you? That is nothing to worry about, I can assure you. Let me tell you a little story about me. Hello, my name is Natalia Martin and I am 15 years old. When my mom was pregnant with me, she and my father found out that I was going to come into this world missing my right hand. They were angry at that fact for a very long time, but then they realized that I was a blessing sent from God in their eyes. When I was first born, I was cradled in my mother’s arms and she thought that nothing could ever be so perfect. The doctors asked my parents if they wanted to me to get surgery in my foot so that they could make an implant for my hand, they decided against that knowing the consequences of the action. Through out the years, I had turned 5 years old and then it was time to go to school, I was never afraid of what the kids reactions I was going to get from my hand. In fact, I owned that school, everyone respected me. I was so happy, then I moved and I had to go to a new school and that was when everything turned around. It was horrible, I can truly say that those years of my life were pure misery, but I got through each and every day. It was a constant battle, trying to fit in. It was never easy for me to be accepted, I never actually got treated the right way. I was constantly being made fun of. Kids used to say the worse, like “HAHAHAHA!!! She is missing her right hand!!! It looks like a foot!!!” I would go home everyday and I cry myself to sleep. No one had a clue that I was hurting; I was not the kind of girl to spill my guts out in the open, I would keep everything bottled up inside me. Those years were pure torture for me and it is always on my mind. The mind always asks “What if???” well, that was one my mind everyday. Eventually I could not take any more and I just had to let everything out. The worst part of it was that the person that I thought I could trust, my best friend, was the one who hurt me the most. I found out that she never accepted me for who I was. She was always talking nonsense behind my back, and in the end she made fun of me the most. I hated my life. From that day on, I knew that I could not trust anyone in my life again. There was a point in my life that I thought that I should just quit everything and never be myself ever again. I knew from that day on that I would never be myself again. It was like there was a part of me that died every single day. One day I could not take anything anymore and I told my mother the whole truth. Turns out that she had never noticed anything strange about me for the past few years. Then the days turned and I was graduating out that school. I was the happiest girl alive and then thoughts appeared in my head. What if the next schools that I go to, the kids don’t like me? I wanted to start a new beginning and I could not because of my difference. Could you believe it, when I thought I was going to be happy again, everything changed again. It was right then and there that I told myself that I was going to hide myself and finally be happy even if people don’t know how I really am. Only a few people in my school accepted me for who I really was and I am really grateful for them. They helped me survive my middle school years. I would to give thanks to my best friend in the wide world Addy. She is still to this day my best friend, however, I can honestly say that she is my sister. A.K.A Dancing Ninja. Our missions during school were always accomplished and she and I would do a victory dance afterwards. We had so much fun; she even defended me through my worst moments as I did for her. By the time, I entered high school, I made a promise to myself that I would change my life around…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 20th, 2010 at 08:42pm