There Are Some Days Where I Feel Inadequate.

oday was one of them.

I am going to let you into my personal life and mind, okay? So be ready. Buckle up. Like seriously. Click it or get the hell out.

Today my mother came home all excited and asked me to go into her room with her. I wasn't excited at all, but I obliged anyway and followed her. She had a shopping bag in her hand so I knew it had to be clothes or something. She set the bag on her bed and pulled out what I dreaded most: two bras.

Wonderful, I thought.

She held them up in front of me and smiled. "Here you go! I noticed yours were getting gross so I got you some new ones. Try them on and make sure they fit." And she walked out of the room.

I glared at the purchases and reluctantly took off my top and the bra I was wearing and slipped the first new bra on. I looked down and sighed, holding back tears. It was too big. Now here is the part where it gets personal: It was a 36A. And it was too big.

I hastily pulled it off and threw it on the bed like it was its own fault for not fitting. I put the last one on and immediately knew that didn't fit either. It was a 34A. It was too big as well. And I burst into tears.

After the ordeal, my little sister came home from shopping and showed me the things she got, including bras. She looked up and me, flashed a smile, and said "I'm a C now!"

Insecurities suck. Self-image sucks. Self-esteem sucks. So if anyone has ever experieced something like this, you aren't alone, and I hope I'm not either.
December 22nd, 2010 at 04:51am