Job Hunt

It has been a few months now since I have held a steady job. I used to work at Wal Mart but had to move away for college. Sure, I could have transferred but I don't have a car and the nearest Wal Mart is 2.7 miles away and that is a long bike ride (especially during the winter months). Additionally, at this Wal Mart the only positions open were for a cart pusher. When I left the Wal Mart that I originally worked at, I made $8.05 per hour, as opposed to when $7.65 an hour when I started. This pretty much made the situation worse and I have to decline the job. I also didn't care much for my job at Wal Mart. I had to deal with too many pissy customers and over dramatic workers. Looking back at it, however, if that Wal Mart would have been closer I definitely would have taken the job seeing as how I have been unemployed for a few months now and am in dire need of steady income. I have been searching for months, with no success. I am sure that a lot of people can relate to this. I have recently put in a few applications at some restaurants/fast food joints and am really hoping to get a job soon. I am really hoping to get a job at Starbuck's because that would be awesome, but I am not being picky.
December 22nd, 2010 at 09:24pm