Detective Turnblad

The assigment to Virginia was an abrstraction to his daily rutine.
It was late and the phone call empahsied his assitance on murders that had recinetly evolved in the case of the pinwheel slasher.
The crimson light of his shadow hung over the dusty desk as he paced back and forth.
What did Virigina and the Pinwheel slasher have in common with a coal minners grave.
The answer was simple, he would have to go there.
Perhaps Scarlet woud understand.
He looked over random findings in the slashers file,
The killer enyoyed small boxes and burlap sacks,
The sacks were filled with human remains sometimes of the victoms and other times of animals.
Blunt objects were often used in order to break bones, fingers or limbs so that they would properly fit into the boxes or crates that were used.
None of this explained why he was to going Virginia.
His arrival at the airport was meet by Josey Pete, Josey explained that they had found an abandoned mind, or what was thought to be an abandoned mine and that the he would have to see for himself before he made any conclusions. The man was dressed in snow white trousers and a checker shirt. He thumbed around a toothpick as he twitched his left arm towards the steering wheel, "You would geuss, I come round parts where we only belive in moonshine and the devils tongue, once you seen justice in the arm of law I would gather you might take time to find your thoughts." Detective Turnbald looked at his watched and muttered, "I would geuss that this conversation has a point." Within seconds the car turned between the trees and found an unmarked path that lead towards a sign that read,
"The Mine".
Once the car was parked Josey took comand and beakened the decteive to the outer edges of the mines opening, "Perhaps I should not go any further, detective, seeing as how I have a feeling for these parts, the inner sanctum has a mighty stur."
The cold air grabed Turnbald and he turned to face a small opening in the side of the cliff, he looked over his shoulder and found detective Crimson at his side, "If you do not feel comfortable I don't blame you, the entire mine is filled with boxes, crates and sacks filled with body parts some decomposed other still in the state of, well you just try and have a look!" Detective Crimson shined a dim light in the archway, the stench was beyond the reasoning of sight, although plastic dolls where hung thoughout the entrance a certain understanding was given, that any one who entered through the mines old wooden frame would have more to rekin with when they went out..
Inside it was clear, the stench no longer had an effect on his senses, all the boxes were lined in a cemetrical pattern, not only were the boxes arranged accordingly, but the crates were stacked in a zig zag pattern, while the sacks were hung in oppostion to the walls and all the objects in the cave face outward. There was an empty pool in the center of the cave obviously meant for the passage of blood to drain. Brooken figurines and dolls lined the edges of the boxes and crates, each one tied with a string and number attached. "Perhaps!" said Crimson, "This has something to do with your Pinwheel Slasher."
The boxes to the side of Turnbald reflected shimmers of light, the blood was designed to flow towards the entrance and not the center of the killing ground. Turnbald scratched his upper tooth, " Perhaps your right Crismon, I should have a better look when the dust has cleared."
Tumblad awoke to the echoes of twilght as an owl screeched out its only defintions of what can be assumed, laughter.

MVD
12/27/10
December 27th, 2010 at 06:48am