Favorite Movies and Comment Swap

I'm waiting for my family to finish watching TV so I can watch The Man In The Iron Mask. It's well on it's way to becoming one of my favorite movies (Which would mean that two of my favorite movies ever feature Leonardo DiCaprio, I think I'm obsessed.)
Anyway.... That got me thinking.... What are other peoples favorite movies ever, and why? Mine do a re-shuffle every so often, but there are a few that never leave the list.

In no particular order (except for number one, of course.)

1. Romeo + Juliet. Do I even need to justify it? It's bloody perfect
2. V For Vendetta. Because I loved the comic. Also Natalie Portman was absolutely amazing, before this movie I was convinced she simply could not act. But I was wrong. So very wrong. And even though it did veer away from the comic a lot in certain aspects it did stayed true to the comic's ideals which I thought was great.
3. Howl's Moving Castle. Such gorgeous animation and the soundtrack is so beautiful. It's hard to decide whether I prefer this one or Spirited Away. But I think it has to be Howl's Moving Castle, since Spirited Away always makes me feel a little sad.
4. Sweeney Todd. Who would have thought that a singing serial killer could be so damn entertaining? But seriously Johnny Depp is amazing in this and not to mention Helena Bonham Carter. Plus the songs are seriously catchy.
5. Lord of the Rings. Which one? Depends on my mood. But right at this moment, I'm gonna say The Fellowship, just because I haven't seen it in so long. It stayed true to the book (except omitting Tom Bombadil. But I always felt that that part was as if the hobbits were on crack or something, because it was completely ludicrous) And the costumes and the setting and the actors and the fighting and the makeup and- I think you get the picture.
6. Chicago. Again, with the singing murderers, I only just noticed how much those movies have in common, although Chicago's a lot more light hearted. What does it say about me, that the only two musicals I can stand both involve murder?
7. Marie Antoinette. Maybe it's becoming obvious I have a thing for that time period. But this is such a pretty movie. There cake and dresses and shoes and hair Oh, how I do love that hair....
8. Becoming Jane. It was the first time I'd ever witnessed a love story where there was no happy ending. It stuck with me for weeks. It's supposed to be a biography of Jane Austen's life, or to be specific, her relationship with Tom Lefroy. And it's actually relatively accurate.

Those are all I can think of for now.

So tell me what are your favorites and why?

Comment Swap

If you'd be so kind ladies and gentlemen as to read any of the following and tell me what you think.

Where the Light Gets In
Antoinette
Genocide: A Love Story
Madame Marsh's Marvelous Marionette
The Fairest Of Them All

I'll gladly leave a comment on any of your stories.

If your interested, just let me know below which story you'll be commenting on and which you'd like me to comment on.
December 27th, 2010 at 10:25pm