Fiction *The Rev*

December 28th 2009, the world lost one of the greatest drummers to ever live. A family lost their son, a wife lost her husband, a band lost it's member, and best friends lost their brother. December 28th 2009, was the day that Jimmy *The Rev* Sullivan left this world behind, crossing over into the afterlife.

It's a day that I'll never forget. I remember being home by myself that night when I got on myspace to check my stuff. I remember seeing a post from the Avenged Sevenfold site and naturally I clicked on it... What I read was something I never expected to see though. The band expressing with great sadness about the passing of their fellow band mate and brother, Jimmy. I read the post several times in disbelief thinking it was a joke... But when I googled it I knew it wasn't. I broke down crying after that, finally allowing what I'd read to finally sink in. Jimmy was really gone... It just didn't seem possible. I cried for hours straight, some how feeling such a great sense of loss even though I only knew Jimmy through listening and following Avenged Sevenfold's music. It felt like I'd lost a friend that night...

Jimmy was such a carefree person. He could make anyone laugh, his smile could light up a room and he truly loved each of his band mates like a brother. Even though I never got the honor of meeting Jimmy while he was alive, I know for a fact that he was a truly amazing person! He was taken from this world much too soon, and that is something that really makes me sad. Even though he's gone from this world I still like to believe that in a way, he's still here with us. He forever lives on in out hearts and minds, still inspiring many through the music he helped write and create. Music which will foREVer remain even though Jimmy's gone. We love you Jimmy, you were an amazing person and you still are!

You'll foREVer be in our hearts. We love you Jimmy <3
R.I.P

Deathbats foREVer,
No matter the loss.
Scream SEVENFOLD together,
to Seize the Day at any cost!!


Image
December 28th, 2010 at 11:34pm