Inspiration and Disappointment.

12/28/2010
11:41 pm.

Inspiration

Taylor Swift's Speak Now Album
Isn't it funny I found inspiration in the simplest thing? Most people find inspiration through music, but downloading this album on iTunes, I never thought, well when I listen to this, INSPIRATION

A few of my friends had been chatting up the album, praising it, etc. I had never really gotten around to looking it up until two days ago. and WOW!
My favorite song is either Speak Now or Enchanted.

I had had a mibba account since, jeeze I don't know, November 2009 maybe. I was an avid user, constantly posting, re-posting, commenting, reading, etc. until my initial Mibbian excitement dwindled to nothing.

Then today, after listening to the Speak Now album for merely a day and a half, I was inspired. I revitalized my account with a total cleansing of the system. I deleted everything already posted, including all poems, journal entries, and even one semi-started story. I even revamped my profile with a whole new layout(feel free to comment me about it). My BEST FRIEND, who happens to also use this site because she is an avid reader/writer, was suprised to see me log on.

All this led to me re-beginning my writing again. I'm writing and writing and it makes me excited! I have butterflies in my stomach and I'm just itching to see what people think about it! That's a wonderful thing!

...all this because of one iTunes download. Pretty incredible.

Disappointment

Although nearly impossible to weed out, people who make jokes of Mibba truly do bother me. I'm not trying to be controversial, I'm not saying I'm great, because there are always people who will be better and worse than you, I'm just saying, try not to make Mibba a joke. I noticed joke posts particularly in the poem section of Mibba (truly infuriating considering I write poetry). A lot of good/great poems and poets aren't getting the type of recognition they deserve because their works are getting lost in the endless meaningless posts.

Today I was looking for a good poem to read amongst all my revamping, when I came across a poem post entitled Gummy Bears. No offense to the author at all, but it was about a killer red gummy bear. Really?
Maybe that was something the person felt they NEEDED to share. Who knows? I'm not one to judge. All I'm saying is is:
there should be a new section created on Mibba for posts, posting what ever you want(not inappropriate), but just.....food for thought.

Good idea? I think so. I just want to be able to look through the poems section without it being such a hassle.

questions
1. have you heard the speak now album/do you like taylor swift?
a. if so, which song on the new album is your favorite?
2. What do you think about the poems section?
3. Do you read poems?
a. if so, recommendations?
b. read mine? The Color of Her Hair

more to come!! I'm working now. Please don't hesitate to comment on anything.

Until later me amore
Anna.

Anyway. Love always!
Keep writing.
Anna Kate
December 29th, 2010 at 05:41am