What is a question?

A question offers two or more views or possibilities otherwise it simply becomes a statement.

Questions make you wonder, they help you find answers you never knew you were looking for.

Is there an answer?

Answers change; through time, through thought. So is there ever a correct one?

Is there a correct question?

How do we search for a question.

What is a question?

If a question cannot be answered, is it a question? Does every question have an answer... Does every answer have a question?

There can be more than one question leading to the same answer, but can one answer lead to more than one question?

When a question is a

In order to answer a question one has to know all the variables, but is that possible for the human race?

Is the cup full? One can look at it and see a cup 3/4 filled with red juice, and he or she would say yes. Is the cup in fact 'full'? No.
On the other hand we can further fill the cup to the brim. Surely, then the cup would be 'full'.

When do you decide if the cup is full? "Well it depends on how thirsty I am."

What does it mean for the cup to be full? What is full?

What if there was a crack in the cup, allowing the juice to slowly seep out onto the counter. Is the cup still 'full'? Some would say "At the moment". But when is the moment when the cup is no longer full?

After half the juice is gone? After the first drop trickles down it's side? The first milliliter trying to escape before enough juice accumulates to form a mass heavy enough that gravity causes it to drip down?

Or what about the second the crack forms, allowing a new opening where it is not 'full'.

But it is full, just not with juice. It is filled with carbon dioxide, oxygen, nitrogen, bacteria. Who decided what a cup to be 'full' meant?

When he or she did, what were they wondering? What did they question?

Only what they could see?

Is that all we can question?

Only what is comprehendible to us?

Well of course not, how can we understand something our minds cannot fathom, let alone expand to wonder.

So we have to be able to know the question/answer...correct?

Is there a question at all?
December 29th, 2010 at 09:08am