I swore I'd never stoop this low...

But I have. So, Mibba...will you tell me if you like my story idea? ::cute:
This would be the first original thing I write that isn't a drabble. So I'll finally have a story on here with more than one chapter! It's a milestone, trust me. I'm excited.
Unless you tell me you don't like my idea. Then I'll be stuck with all drabbles and I'll be sad.
I want your honest idea though, so no pressure ;)

My story idea is pretty..simple. Basically, there's a woman with paranoid schizophrenia and she takes over the world. She makes it the distorted vision she sees inside her head due to her schizophrenia, she's got a sub religious thing going on with the voices inside her head, and she's created a society where having paranoid schizophrenia is good; where it makes you elite. She also has a son that she's grooming to be her heir...but he has a secret ( I know, I know. It sounds cliche...but I promise it sounds better when I write it in story format.)
Then there's this girl. She's part of the Resistance fighting against the elite culture of paranoid schizophrenics. There's just one catch; she's paranoid schizophrenic, and she doesn't know it.
This is an excerpt that may be part of the first chapter, or the summary...I haven't really decided.

“We all must jump...because someday, maybe there will be someone catching us. And how will we know of their existence, if we never jump?"
-Mary Firello

I bet that quote sounded crazy to you, didn't it? You're probably trying to find counterexamples right now. Or attempting to find Mary Firello, whoever she is, and suggest psychiatric help. Maybe some suicide counseling.
What if I told you...that if you did manage to track her down, you'd end up being the one in a straitjacket? What if I told you that in the past- your past, she is celebrated. Hailed as a visionary...for just that type of twisted logic.
Now I'm the one you want to put in a straitjacket, right? Think again; better people then you have tried.
***
I'm not really sure where the story is going, I'm only at around page four...so I'm just writing and seeing where it takes me. So, Mibba, what do you think? I'm going to write it whether or not people like it (so please don't comment saying I should write for myself,etc) However, I'd love some opinions on it. I may even creep on your story list if you give me an opinion and drop you a comment.

And...would anyone like to make me a layout for it? Trust me, you'd be doing the public a service by not forcing me to unleash another fail layout into the world.

Oh, and I get why you wouldn't, but...if anyone has any experience with paranoid schizophrenia, would you mind if I asked you a few questions? I want this to be factually correct. Message me if you'd like to help me out :)
December 30th, 2010 at 01:27am