Someone's a Hungry Hungry Hypocrite...

Dear Journal,

Hello! I'm gonna start off my journal by (briefly) talking about myself. Just for the reader out there to feel a little more comfortable reading in on my personal opinions ^-^

My name is Andrea. My birthday is March 25. My favorite things to do are write, read, listen to music, and talk to my friends. I can play the drums, but I've only had 3 lessons, so I'm not so good. I'm really good at trumpet, though. I'm actually 2nd trumpet in my school band ^-^ My favorite bands are My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Nirvana, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, and Cobra Starship. Okay, that's enough of me. On to my actual entry:

Okay, so I was at Youth Group today at my church. Benny (one of the leaders up there for my youth group) was talking about the main reasons that people don't go to church. The 3rd reason that he listed off was because "churches are full of hypocrites". And I actually agree with that sort of. Let me elaborate on that.

Some churches really ARE full of hypocrites. I mean, I'm not trying to attack on churches in general, or the people in them. But it seems like the majority of "Christians" today are just people that joined a church because they thought it was the "cool" thing to do. The majority of the population in the United States are Christians. Because so much of the population is Christian, there are some people out there that think that they need to be a Christian also, to fit in, and to seem cool. And then they just use that as a title for themselves, to get people to think they're "good". And that really sickens me. They just use the title of being a Christian to grant them popularity with their friends. And not only is it WRONG, it's sickening.

Some people also go to church just to be with their friends. They show up, and go through the motions of praying and listening to the sermon. Then when it's all over, they go talk to their friends for about 30 minutes about something that wasn't even related to what the sermon was about. I mean, I guarantee that there are some people out there that you can ask them, "What did you get out of the sermon today?", and they would have no clue what you're talking about. Then they would go to their buddies and talk about something like hunting or fishing or going to a party or something. That really ticks me off, too.

Also, some people go out and do bad things, and just go to church to cover it up. I've seen people that go to church regularly that consider themselves "Christians" drinking, doing drugs, gambling, doing everything in the world. You can ask them "Why are you even going to church?", and they'll say "O, I'm trying to get out of doing all of that". And then the next day, you can see them doing all of the above, probably at the same time. Then the next Sunday morning/evening, they'll be acting like they're ashamed of how they've been doing, and how they're dying to change... and the cycle keeps on going. I mean, news flash, people! If you were really wanting to change, all you have to do is PAY ATTENTION in church and put in a little effort yourself. It isn't as hard to change as people make it sound like it is. It kind of ties back to my first actual paragraph. They're just using the title of being a Christian and a churchgoer to gain popularity amongst their group of friends and with others, and they're just big ol' hypocrites and LIARS.

If you need to listen to some songs that sort of go along with what I was talking about (and I know some of you out there will be listening to music as you read this anyways), listen to East Jesus Nowhere by Green Day, or Build God, Then We'll Talk by Panic! at the Disco. They probably cover the topic better than I do myself.

But anyways. I just felt the need to get that little rant out of my system. I'll probably be adding more journal entries later about other topics, so if you liked this little rant, I should post another one tomorrow ^-^
December 30th, 2010 at 02:44am