Christmas In The Crypt.

I haven't ever wrote one of these before, but I felt like I should make the effort to do one.

So, Tuesday the 28th December. I got up around 6 am, got my bags ready, got myself dressed - the usual. I don't wake up at this time every morning, I assure you. It was because I was heading down to London to see one of my favourite bands, My Passion.
I got there at around 11 am, and my friend (who also has an account here on Mibba) was waiting for me. We gave hugs and then we waited. We were fourth and fifth in the line, meaning that we were definitely getting to the front.

Every hour, or even half an hour, we'd take a walk around to Cafe Nero, which was a five/ten minute walk from the venue, mainly for the toilet, and it was quite creepy to have to go under some giant tunnel, where water drips down and your voices echo. It was like being in the London Dungeons, which were only around the corner from the venue.

Probably around 3 pm, though, My Passion arrived in their van, and began getting out with Little Chris, their driver, to take their stuff into the venue to set up. There was bin bags being passed down the line, to sit on, but Megan and some girls we had met in the queue used them as dresses, by making a hole for the head and arms. Laurence told them that they looked like Simon; the little bassist was wearing a ridiculously shiny, black, spongy coat, and so it made us laugh. Most of the day from then on was them trying to get Simon in a picture, to "compare" the "coats" they were wearing.

Me and Megan left again to Cafe Nero, probably around half five, with the girls saving our place in the queue. On our way back though, I spotted three familiar men (one of which had that stupid coat on. Honestly, I don't know where he bought it, but it made me giggle). We got closer, and I could only gasp and turn my head, with my cheeks turning red. Megan was still wearing a bin bag, plus a Santa Hat, and was eating some kind of chewy sweet, whilst I was munching on Quavers. The three men were Laurence, Simon and Andy - the singer, the bassist, and the tour manager. As we passed, they sang hello to us, and we could only giggle and wave, muttering a shy 'hello' in return.

We got back to the queue and were beaming. But it got boring after a while; the doors didn't open until half 7.

When we got in, we were asked if we had any I.D to show we were 18, but only because My Passion were having a free afterparty for anyone 18 or older. We said no, and got a stamp on our hands. A woman in front of us got a wristband, because she had to be in her early 30's.

We finally got inside and Andy, who runs the merch, kindly let me and Megan leave our coats under the table, and then we ran into the hall. Yes! We were at the very front. We took a few pictures together, sang to a few songs that were played whilst the stages were being set up, and then, Lost Boys came onstage.

They were alright. The singer looked a little like Aiden Grimshaw from X Factor, if I'm completely honest. He was called Danny.

They went off, and next on was Fei Comodo. They weren't bad, but I still wasn't satisfied. I remember complaining to Megan because I was so desperate to see My Passion.

And, finally, after Fei Comodo left and the stage was set up, the lights dimmed and three men came on stage. One, called John Mitchell, dressed as Sweeney Todd, the other called Mark Kozuch, one of My Passion's roadies, was dressed as an old Englishman, with a mask on, and the other (who I had no idea who he was), was dressed the same: tuxedo, mask, top hat - the lot. They introduced the act that was apparently 'forgotten', for roleplaying sake, and then some Christmas Carol-like song was being played.

Stape, My Passion's technician, turned on Laurence's microphone stand, which lit up, brightly, and I realised that the intro music (the Christmas Carol song) was sung by Laurence and Jonathan Gaskin, the guitarist/back up vocalist/keyboardist. As the five came on, though, the music changed into some kind of creepy sound, with a beat. They marched on and ceased in their places, turning to face the crowd. There, they stared at us. It was quite eerie, actually, and I felt as though we should've done something, or at least said something to make them stop staring. It was creepy!

Then they set off into a new song, "The Mess We Made Of Our Lives", and I was immediately blown away.

After the gig, My Passion left the stage to clean up, and me and Megan left to get our coats from Andy, then, we went back into the hall. We met Jamie, the drummer, John, the guitarist, and Simon, the bassist. Simon and Jon have a clothing line, right, called Cry Wolf Gang. I have two shirts, and that night, me and Simon were wearing the same: a white CWG vest.

He looked at me, then my shirt, and grinned, joking that he "felt embarrassed", then he signed my shirt, then my ticket. When I was ready to get in for a picture, the bassist noticed Megan's "BONER" shirt, and his response to that was, "Does your shirt say BONER on it? At first I saw Loner, but my first thought was definitely BONER."

Dirty mind.

We laughed, hugged, got our pictures taken, and left. I didn't get a chance to meet Jon, but we did meet Laurence when they arrived earlier that afternoon. Megan got a picture with him, and he commented on my coat, saying how lovely it was.

Anyhow, it was a lovely night, and the video I took is here:


Megan and Laurence.
Megan and John.
Myself and John.
Megan and Jamie.
Myself and Jamie.
Myself and Simon.
Megan and Simon.

Myself and Megan.
December 30th, 2010 at 07:59pm