What should I do?

So, my mum went a bit psycho a few weeks ago. Maybe 'psycho' is a bit of a strong word, but she went too far with something that's actually none of her business.

To get right into it, at Christmas, I got my boyfriend a Yoshi toy, as he's really into Mario and all that. The first problem is that the day after I got it, my friend told me that she found out that he already had a Yoshi toy. You're probably thinking, "Well, that's not the end of the world," and you'd be right - it isn't. I planned to give it to him anyway, but I couldn't give it to him at school, because he was skiing, so I'm going to have to give it to him at school when I go back to school on Tuesday.

So I told my mum that he was skiing, and I didn't expect her to react as she did. She went pretty crazy at me, angry that he didn't get me a Christmas present, and really angry at me because I wasn't that angry about it. I thought she was just overreacting, and that she would calm down, but no.

Whilst she was ranting and raving at me, she threatened to ring his house or text him, if I didn't text him. I didn't take this seriously until I was school the following day.

We were in English, and this guy called Adam says to me, "I keep getting texts, I think someone thinks I'm Calvin," I ask if I can see the texts, there were more than half a dozen, all saying things like (this is from my mobile, by the way):

"We're through." "I'm very hurt."

Fortunately, all of my contacts are named after Harry Potter characters, so I guess my mum just chose a male name and hoped that it was the right person. This then made me worry that perhaps she had texted all of the male names in contacts. That would include people who I haven't spoken to in two years, who now go to a different school. Thankfully, she didn't do that.

After English I used a friends phone to ring my mum, because I was pretty p*ssed at her, which you can probably understand. I can't remember exactly what I said, but it was something along the lines of "What the Hell were you thinking, you crazy psycho b*tch!"

I probably shouldn't have said that, but she just laughed and said "I'll see you tonight," so I didn't get into trouble.

Now, though, my mum still hasn't let this go, and she's threatening to send the Yoshi toy (ripped up and with note breaking up with him) to his house if I don't give it to him at school and at least threaten to break up with him, she seems to think that men should be disciplined like dogs, and that you should keep a tight reign on them.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to be a total b*tch to him, I don't want to break up with him or be horrible to him at all. I was pretty disappointed that he didn't get me a present, but I think that my mum went a bit too far, don't you?

My question to you is this: should I tell my mum that I don't want to do that, or should I lie to her and just give it to him without threatening him or being horrible?

Also, do you agree that my mum had no right to do what she did?

Toodle pip,
Unneeded intricacy

P.S Thanks to all who bothered to read through all of this
P.P.S I just realised that the main question is phrased awkwardly, basically I just want your opinion on this whole... thing
January 2nd, 2011 at 06:01pm