Um. Not quite sure how to reply to this Facebook message. Help?

There's a boy at school who is obsessed with me. He's a nice guy, and friends with a lot of my friends, but he's quiet and a bit odd. He's liked me for months now and it's starting to drive me crazy. I've told him, as kindly as I could that I can't see him as more than a friend. Apparently it made him so depressed he started punching walls till his skin bled.

He told my friend Lib, though, that he's not going to give up, and that he's going to make me like him. He's always talking to Lib about me, and she passes on the things he says. Like, the times when I do reply to him on Facebook IM, he keeps a record of everything I say in a notepad, and the amount of 'x's' I give. He'll text Lib, worried because I only gave him 2 'x's' instead of 3 or something.

When I say obsessed, I mean obsessed. He found my memory stick in a school computer once and I heard he was treasuring it and sniffing it, and my friend Tess had to force him to give it to her. He texts Libby about me like 20 times a day, and it drives her crazy. He's always at my side whenever I'm in the common room. Though he's too shy to say too much to me, he's there, laughing at everything I say even when it's not funny. He hardly knows me, but he's claiming he's in love with me. I'm getting tired of it.

I've waited months for it to pass but it hasn't. If I'm completely honest, he creeps me out and I used to enjoy talking to him, but now his presence just ruins my day.

Another thing he does, is write raps about me. Everyone in school talks about and laughs at his raps about me, which he seems to show everyone apart from me. Apparently most of them are really sick, graphic and offensive. And apparently he's awful at actually rapping them (which doesn't suprise me, as he's pretty much the whitest guy I know).

He sent me a short one once, which is when I outright rejected him and told him that I didn't like him back. I thought he would give it all a rest then, but he hasn't and I just recieved this in a Facebook message:

(written to beat: ‘The way I am’ – Eminem)

No I ain’t a wordsmithe, I am just D----- Smith,
And this is a verse about Stefanie W--------,
I hope that this beat’s got you rocking,
Cuz yeah girl I’m knocking on the door to your heart,
Hope you’re in as i start, to unwind and describe,
How i feel, unified, justified,
Cuz you’re just a sensation, truth is you’re amazing,
And it’s easy for me, to compliment how you look,
Cuz im hooked on your eyes, and your smile,
And your laugh and your hair and your style,
But it takes the right guy, to appreciate what’s inside,
You’re as bubbly and as sweet, as a hot cup of cocoa,
And it doesn’t end there though,
A killer sense of humour, girl i’m tryin’ just to woo ya,
And I know that you’re happy, always smiling, no denying, mystifying,
And that smile on your face, wears off on others in your grace,
And you are the most caring person, I’ve ever set eyes on,
If you were wrapped candy, I’d buy some,
Yeah this, this is my serenade, loving filled hand grenade,
An explosion of thoughts, and I just want you to know,
I will treat you just like you deserve, like a lady,
And girl I would say that youre of my league,
And I’m punching above my weight with no signs of fatigue,
Can’t think of way to bring a close to this rap,
And hope that you liked it, that is just that.


I'm cringing so much right now. Luckily he only sends me the sweet ones and not the offensive ones.

I want him to leave me alone. He's a messed up kid, so I feel like I have to give him a certain amount of attention . . . but he wants a lot and it's really draining.

What do I dooooo?

And what should I say to this? 'Oh how nice, thanks,' or shall i just reitterate the fact I'm not interested?

Bleh.
January 8th, 2011 at 11:38pm