I saw Fred Weasley, I swear.

Two days ago marked the beginning of mardigras season (or as we call it, carnaval), a time of partying, drunken mistakes and a whole lot of music and parades. It starts with the usual ‘torch parade’ which begins around seven or eight and finishes till one o’ clock or later than that, because we locals knows that when they (the people who organizes the parades) say it starts at –whatever time they say- they mean half an hour to an hour late, thus making it finish later than planned. Yes, that’s how we are all right. Always on time (sarcasm), it also annoys us lovelies who like to be on time for the most.

Anyways, the deal is, I’m not a huge fan of carnaval, but eh, I ended up going and there was this dude that looked so much like Fred Weasley that I had to use all my will power to not go up to the guy and just hug him and squeal and ask him for his autograph.

Image

And as if it wasn’t enough that earlier in the bus Randy Jackson look-a-like walked in.

But, when I saw the Weasley look-a-like, I literally felt this:

Image
Image

And I started shouting out to my friends “It’s Fred Weasley!” in hope that dear James Phelps would turn around (somehow hearing me through the music) and wave, but no such luck. My best friend decided to laugh and ask “Are you sure you’re screaming out the right name, what if it’s George." I’m gonna admit, that thought didn’t even occur to me, not even after he finished saying it, because I knew, no, I was one hundred percent sure, that it was indeed Fred.

But, no such luck on my part to get his attention:
Image
he must have been blocking me out, pretending he isn't who I know he is.

Along with the Fred look-a-like or maybe him indeed, there was this dude, this skinny, tall totally adorable looking, homosexual boy shaking his booty right in front of me and I loved every second of it, because he was so... cute, not by looks (since I didn't see his face at all), but because of the way he was dancing. Once again, I thank the powerful will inside of me, because I managed to hold myself from attacking the boy and just squeezing the kid (who was probably older than me) to his untimely death.

Image

And to finalize the night, I laughed while waiting for the bus as I watched others attack the mini busses for entrance. It was like piranhas trying to jump inside of a small can, all of them munching down on each other on their way inside. At some point, I believe around three in the morning, a bus came and it got filled in record timing. People pushing the door open so hard I thought it broke, others jumping through windows, crawling their way inside and sleeping on people’s laps. I believe it took them all less than two minutes to squeeze themselves inside and if you saw how many people they were, you’d understand the shock and humor that I felt from watching. I was the only one that started laughing at them all.

Image

It looked a little like that.

Then around four thirty my best friend’s mom picked us up, since there was absolutely no busses passing anymore. O.O which concludes our night and I am never going to another nighttime carnaval at that side of the island again.

Well, I promised a friend I’d go the light parade, so >.<

Cookies for those of you that read the entire thing:
Image
January 10th, 2011 at 08:06pm